Sunday, September 27, 2020

EMPTY


 Rick and I had a good morning visit before he left on the ferry to Salt Springs.  I did not like him carrying his heavy suitcase in and out.  He certainly was out of breath.  I guess he is use to this.

Yesterday we enjoyed a family supper with Sandra and Randy and Rick.  We enjoyed the meal Sandra provided.  Dad sure ate  a lot.  He needs to catch up on some eating, and put some weight on!

Carol and Sandra came over at noon today to talk things over with me and dad.  We are all concerned about dad and I have a list of things to talk to the doctor about.

Yes I could do with a bit more help.  The worry over the mice problem has become worse.  The mouse was on our bed again last night but dad did not wake me up to tell me.  I believe he is coming into our room through the small door to the crawl space above.  I cleaned closet throughly and the door is on better.  I do not know if I will sleep in that room to-night.  

We have several empty bedrooms to choose from.

Dad and I did not feel like going to the store even though we had things we need.

One moment the house is full of our loving family and then it becomes empty again.  We should be used to family coming and going.

To-morrow the house painters arrive.  That is excitin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I woke at 5am to go for a walk before my football game started at 6am. I did two laps apron 2.5km . My knee was ok to start . Not so good at the end . I watched the football game and then had a nap . I was woken by the breakfast man. It was hot again today so I mostly sat inside. Around 3pm we had a little change , a few drops of water, it was cooler . We sat outside and chatted , me and my neighbours . Henry From Wales in 5a , mohomad in 5c from Mauritius , devid from Pakistan in 5D. I went another lap at 3:30 .now I am writing you and waiting on dinner to arrive sometime between 4:30 and 5:45. what will it be tonight I have booked a hotel her in Darwin for Wednesday night and take the 12:30 flight to Brisbane which arrives at 5:30. I have a little car booked and I got the last room at the hotel 5km from the wedding site.
I will fly back to Melbourne on Sunday after the wedding . Hope you guys get a good sleep.
Tell dad to look at WHATSAPP .
ken

beth bennett said...

Dad looked at WHATSAPP. Good you can talk to your neighbors.
How long have you been there?
Good you have plans all made.
Feeling stressed.
Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Made it to Salt Spring without problem. Had dinner with Ian and his girlfriend Marie-Pierre. Glorious morning today. Off on a little cruise on Ian's boat later today.

Good thing Kenny is getting lots of exercise.

Love,

Rick

Steady-as-rain said...

Glad the exterminators are coming over soon!

Anonymous said...

Our talks can seem like they do more good than help sometimes I think.

We all have our opinions and views on what should be done and we are not afraid to share them!

I want action, Carol wants quality of life and you want restored health.

While what it comes down to though is what you and Dad want from us, is it realistic or not and can it happen?

No one can make dad eat healthy, get up and exercise, or take away all of his aches and pains. An 85 body is never going to go back to being a 50 year old body.

After all the noise and back and forth of this idea or that, when you and dad sit and talk about it is there anything you do agree on that we can do?

My own stress level is beyond what I can manage so if there is nothing I can do then I have to leave it with you guys.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

It seems to me that action is required to bring quality of life to you and Larry. quality of life means acceptance of where you are now, realizing that you do need help...and making changes to assure you have the quality of life you need. I can hear where shopping and cooking is more difficult now..plus looking after the house and yard.

We all want things to remain the way they are or go back to the good old days when we were younger. Unfortunately life sometimes has other plans.

Have you thought about moving to a condo with assisted living? Anyone I know who has done that really likes it.

I have been there and had to make some pretty serious decisions, many ones that I would rather not make. But in the end, everything has worked out well for me....I am happier now, than I have ever been before and I am sure it will be for you too.

I hope you don't take offence at my comments..I am not family, but care for you both, as though you are family...once the decisions are made and the changes are made I think you will be happy with your life and find things a lot easier to manage.

I know it is hard on the family too, stressful for them and that is something to consider. They have their own families and can only do so much.

Sending big hugs and love to you both, to the family as well...thinking of you all,
Nancy