Monday, September 28, 2020

UNDERCURRENT

It was good for every one to come over and talk about how we are doing and how you can help us.

Please do not stress about us.  We know if we need help we should ask.  We know we sometimes do not take advice that we should.  This is true about the mouse situation and also  the pond andI am ready for a change but dad is not.  It happens in families that misunderstandings happen and feelings can get hurt.

We appreciate all the kind and thoughtful things you guys do for us.

We are all worried about dad's health and not being able to have a visit is unsatisfactory.

I am happy that everyone is so different and has opinions about what can be improved.

The lack of sleep messes me up and I feel nauseated and have a headache.  It is hard to think clearly.

\.


Last night dad and I went to bed in our own bed.  I know I will never get over my fear of mice.  I lay there with my eyes wide open and my heart pounding.  After over an hour I went into Rick's bed even then I could not fall asleep.  Dad came and joined me but was having stomach problems.

I could not believe how the mice were running around in our kitchen when we were there.  I could not believe all the mess they had been making.  Yes, I will be glad that SAndra took action and got ud help.

We are realizing that we also have a fear of getting old.

It is important that we continue to help each other.  

The Lord is my shepherd and He will give us strength and courage to face the reality of changes.  

It is an important time to stay as calm as possible.  We are blessed to have time with you all.

We are going out shopping now.  The windows are getting covered with tap. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning. I think you should get more home help so you can stay independent as long as possible . Of course if one of you falls or is injured it another story . It is early and I am going to attempt a walk before the heat begins.
ken

beth bennett said...

Too bad it walking hurts your knees. Ken
Thanks for the phone call.

dad and I had a good day.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

I'm glad the exterminators are coming tomorrow.

I tend to agree with Kenny that getting some homemaker help is likely a good step.

I am hoping to see Ron and Donna tomorrow.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I thought there would be pictures of the house, I guess just have to wait. What colour are you doing the garage and front door?


How is Spencer's foot?

Did you find what you needed for the cerial ?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes we went out shopping and got some plastic boxes to put our bread and serial in.

Spenser is fine.

I am rethinking get help.

We are having a quiet day.

Waiting for the exterminator to come.

Love mom

Shandel said...

Yes action to clear the mice is a good place to start! Yuck. Sleep will definitely make you feel better. You know, it is hard to adjust to life, but sometimes pushing through that hard uncomfortable feeling transitions and becomes better then before. Shifting our mindset and enjoying where we are at. Might be easy for me to say compared to doing, I know. I agree, if you had less home stuff to worry about, you can focus on other things that bring you joy and better quality of life. Ultimately it is your choice. I am excited for you guys having your house painted. My dad is painting his, and already it makes a huge difference. Here is to a good night sleep and no more mice!!!! Xo