Thursday, November 26, 2020

THANKSGIVING

I am thankful for the colors in nature.

 Our neighbors celebrated Thanksgiving today

They brought us over a boxed turkey dinner with turkey and all the trimings, mashed potatoes and ravie and stuffing.  It was a complete surprise.

We were sitting in the T'V' room too full to move after a fantastic salmon dinner made by Rick'  He had marinated the salmon and spiced up the potatoes.  Lots of good healthy veggies too.

Some people go on fantasy cruises and have delicious food while we just stay at home.

It was my day to go to the hand treatment office. She said I was healing well but now the tough part starts as I have to try to unstiffen it.  It is a little painful. It is exercises to be done 6 tikes a day starting with warming up my hand.  We were early so a trip to Shoppers filled in the time.  It is right across the street but you have to drive a long way around to get to it.

Dad was up early and worked hard fixing the table upstairs.  He set the table while I took Spenser for his last sniff and pee.

Carol and Panteli joined us for supper after taking a bag of goodies over to Lean and family.

I am still working on cards.  I ran out so Rick picked some up at the dollar store.

I said in a blog that we were going to be collecting new memories and we certainly are.

We have been invited over to Sandra and Randy's home to-morrow.  Should be memorable too.

We are in small groups and being careful.

1 comment:

Ken Bennett said...

It was a very hot day yesterday, no wind and very muggy. Today it's cooler in Melbourne. up north in Sydney, temperatures are in the mid-'40s.
Are your neighbors American? That's a lot of leftovers.
Ken