Wednesday, November 4, 2020

WAITING

IT HAS BEEN A LONG DAY.

Dad looked very pale after another long night.  I was happy he could sleep into 10 o'clock.

We talked about him going to the emergency but he did not want that.  He had his porridge for breakfast and seemed happy watching T.V.  I was telling him I was going to take Spenser for a walk but he could not form his words or his thoughts.

He could stick out his tongue and raise his arms which I thought ruled out a stroke.  I phoned Sandra and she said phone the ambulance.   They questioned us to see if we had the virus,  They had what looked like were gas masks on.

Dad started to improve but he agreed with them he needed to go to hospital.

Carol and Panteli arrived first then Randy and Sandra.  It was good to have their company.  After we ordered in a meal they left to get rested up.  It was arranged who would pick up dad when.

Sandra is bring him home now.  It has been a long wait.  The wait continues as he has not been released with his papers.  He has had a bad T I A.  He is to make an appointment with his doctor with a stroke prevention clinic.  He is to have a bone density test.  There was a little spot on his spine they are concerned about.

He had blood tests and Cardiology, computed Tomography and Nuclear Medicine. and a CT angiogram

Sandra had a long wait at the hospital to pick him up.

I am so glad he had these tests and will be continuing to tested.

Thanks Sandra

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom for the update. I hope they gave Dad some drugs to help him sleep through the night .
Talk tomorrow .
Thanks Sandra for driving .
ken

Shandel said...

Oh wow! I am sorry to hear that. I hope grandpa is ok. How scary that must have been for you all.