Sunday, November 1, 2020

NEW BEGINNINGS


                                                  Our family seems to be in a place of new beginnings!

                                              Kim is happy to be able to be with Hamlet again.

Starting a new job or ending your old job or beginning a new program at work are all very stressful but also a challenge.\

We enjoyed a fun evenning with Kim.  We viewed pictures on Sandra's phone of the children dressed up and looking adorable.

Dad and I had a good day yesterday and a good night last night.  Could this be the new beginning we are waiting for.

Sandra brought us a bulletin board to help organize us.  We need help to remember appointments etc.

It is beginning to feel like winter.  We are enjoying the last of the colorful leaves.

Poor Haiti is very afraid of thee fire crackers.  Maybe I can make this picture better.


I have to see if I can edit this too.

Sunday  I believe in a faith that teaches we can all begin a again with God's help and in His Love.

2 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

I am very glad yesterday was a good day (hmmmm ... even when Dad had to get off the phone and rush to the toilet?). But please don't pull any punches when you are talking to the doctor on Monday. When was the last time Dad had a normal bowel movement? Weeks? Months? A year? If a child of 12 had lost this much weight and couldn't have a normal bowel movement for weeks or months at a time, the child would be under constant medical supervision. Or in the hospital. We shouldn't treat this situation any differently because Dad is older.

I know we all want to downplay our medical problems for fear of being seen as complainers. But the doctor cannot read anyone's mind. They are busy, so if somebody says, "oh, I'm doing okay, I guess," then the doctor is very happy to go onto the next pressing thing in his or her day.

Does Dad's doctor even know he has had so much weight loss? How many extremely loose bowel movements does Dad have in a day? 10? 15? The doctor needs to know this. Don't underplay the situation.

(Yes, take the blood pressure medicine, but in my view that the high blood pressure) is a result of these other problems.)

I am trying to do some contract work over the weekend before I go back to normal work in the office in Williams Lake on Monday. But I am very tired and can only do a few hours at a time. Bother.

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

I am starting my work placement tomorrow. I am so excited and extremely nervous. Cameron and I did a bit of shopping in Spruce Grove, and I was able to make a few really nice outfits to add to my wardrobe. It is a huge change for both of us. And exciting possibilities of where it will take us.