Saturday, December 26, 2020

GIFTS

 

The meaning of Christmas is all wrapped up in the birth of baby Jesus.
His life a gift to live on in our hearts for eternity.\
We all long to be loved and cherished.
I was over whelmed with all the love I received at Christmas time.

I love the story of this divine birth
full of wonder and mystery.
Jesus was wrapped in a blanket just like any other baby.
He was born in a humble place
with animals and straw for a bed.
Shepherds came to visit and worship him.
Lambs also came and he would be called the "lamb of God".
Wish men from the East followed a star to the place where he was born.
Heavenly angels sang with joy.


I received many loving gifts to keep me warm, a shawl and a heating blanket,  \\

I was touched with the video with family and friends sharing their hearts with me.  Our lives are woven together in so many ways.  I am very thankful for every one who shared in this presentation.  I am thank for Theresa and her ideas and her work to make it happen.  I was deeply touched and moved.

It was painful knowing Rick was in the hospital and struggling to regain his strength and the ability to walk and move.  

Jesus grew up to be a fighter.  He fought with strong words of conviction against injustice.  He fought against suffering and disease.

He lived among us as a human being but carried the love of God in his heart and in his ability to forgive and to heal.

I pray the gift of Love will restore hope and courage to continue to improve our lives and the lives of others!

We shared Christmas dinner with Carol and Panteli.



A traditional turkey dinner.
Sandra tells me I am too close!
Randy was so busy it was hard to catch him.
Turkey was perfect.
Mashed potatoes and stuffing and vegetables
and even cherry pie by Randy! 
A delicious dinner!

1 comment:

Shandel said...

I am so glad to hear you guys enjoyed the video. It was one of the most thoughtful ideas I have heard in a long time. We really enjoyed watching it and hearing all the beautiful memories and good wishes. Lots of familiar faces and a few new ones. It sure feels good to see and hear the love everyone has for you two. What good company you had for Christmas Day. XO