Sunday, December 20, 2020

REFLECTION

Time for prayer.
Prayer gives healing loving thoughts wings.
Hope that Rick can feel loved.
I never know what I am going to write about in the quiet of the morning after I have prayed.  I was thinking of the great walks  had with you Rick.  I also feel bad that walking home from Joanne's we had to go up that long hill.  I have not walk that way for several years.  Thinking back I think it was a foolish choice to walk over to her place just to pay her the money I owed her.  Boy we were both exhausted and I think Spenser was too.

The morning goes quickly and first Carol arrives and then Randy and Sandy.  They were glad to hear I had found my phone.  Actually dad found it over by his side of the bed.  I can at least use it to phone home if I am in any trouble, maybe even just a bit tired walking.

Are they checking up on me.

Dad comes to look for me if I am too long.  It was dark and windy and raining when he came to the park the other night.  I had med Katherine and her dog and we were having fun just talking.  She is a character and loves to talk and to laugh.  She thinks dad is wonderful driving around to find me.  She is right.

Kenny phones to see how we are doing andit was good to hear from him.

Dad has an appointment at the office with this family doctor Monday morning.  He will give him the hormone shot.  I hope he will see how thin dad has gotten and that he is not getting better.

He seemed a little better today not eating a lot of sugar.  He did sneak some chocolate when I went out for a walk with Spenser before it gets too dark.

Our new church dropped off some presents, a prayer shawl and a pointsetta and some candy and cards with encouraging words.

I know they are praying for us all too.



 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I figured it out!!!

I had written down dads appointment twice, once on the blood work day and once on the real day. When Ricky told me there as no appointment on the blood work day I deleted that appointment from the online calendar. So, dad would have gotten a message it was deleted and would have assumed it was the appointment on the real day not knowing I had done it twice.

So much for me being helpful. : (

I am thinking of just bringing dinner over to your house on Christmas. Randy keeps going on and on about fines and breaking rules and blah blah blah. I am tired of all the discussions and opinions and should and shouldn't.

I am sure you are as well, you go along doing your normal daily things and being your normal friendly self then I come along shaking my finger at you saying no you can't.

Sandra

Shandel said...

That is very thoughtful of your new church. I hope grandpa feels better and can enjoy the holidays. I am off this whole week and next week I work the entire week. Its been quite the learning curve. Praying Uncle Rick can get some answers and good healing. Same for Grandpa. Today is the darkest day of the year. I plan to use the energy to clean our condo. It sure is tough to choose when the furbabies want you to come back and cuddle and pet them. Oh to be a lazy house pet. Hahah.
Hoping grandpas appointment goes well. Have a happy Monday.