Wednesday, December 30, 2020

GRATEFUL

Grateful for all the joys at Christmas.

Gratitude is to look at life with thankful heart.

I was getting ready to take Spenser for a walk.  First I couldn't find his leash as it was hidden under my coat.  Then I had a battle with him to put his warm coat on.  I succeeded but as soon as he felt the cold air and a few rain drops he refused to go.  He has lost a lot of his warm hair so he does feel the cold.

Fortunately the heavy rain stopped about 3:30 and we went on out walk to the park. 

I was looking at my Christmas cards again as I put them away in a box.  We were grateful for the cards Theresa's friends sent with their very kind and caring words.  We are thankful Theresa has such thoughtful and caring friends.  We do want to have a visit with Kathleen and Lianne once the restrictions ease up a bit.

I was able to make an appointment with dad's doctor next Tuesday at one.  The holiday and week end make the time a little longer.

We are grateful that Rick is doing better and able to move into Laurel Place.
I think he will start making some great progress when his therapy starts.

It was not a nice day to be going out but when Panteli and Carol arrived to pick us up to take us to their house we were grateful for a ride, for a hearty supper and a good chat afterwards.

I am grateful for the greatest gift of all and that is prayer.  I believe we can leave our worries with Him.

4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

That is nice you spoke with Uncle Brian.

There is wifi at Laurel Place, and I got the lap-top that Carol dropped off this morning, so that is how I can comment now.

Today was not a good day for me in terms of dizziness. It varies greatly from day-to-day.

I see some of the same physical therapy people here as I saw in the hospital. The food is better here, so far.

Typing has not been easy today, so I guess that is now a bit of therapy for me now - to keep trying to do it better. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Rick I hope there will be re changes all for the better.

Many fiends have told me to look after myself so you do the same.

Change may be so gradual you hardly notice it.

Did you get our card?

Love you.

Love mom

KBell said...

So happy we were able to bring some cheer to you! Thank you for your kind phone call, I am looking forward to a visit as soon as we can. ❤️

beth bennett said...

Thanks KBell
Your card brought a smile to our faces
and your words encouraged us both.
Love beth