Friday, December 4, 2020

RANDAM

My day was full if random acts of kindness,
"
"Remember there is o such thing as a small act of kindness,
Every act creates a ripple with no logical end." -Scott Adams

On our morning walk I was walking poorly when a young man passed me.  We met again at the lights and waited for the walk sign.  I told him I used to be a good walker and he replied telling me he thought it was wonderful I was still out walking.  Kind words from a random stranger.

Phone calls from Theresa and Kim and Leah are very important.
The family support is so important.

Carol and Haiti dropped by.


We sat outside in the warmth of the sun.

Spenser came out and we held them both on their leases.

Afterwards dad and I went over to Brown's.  It was good for us to walk over and enjoy a friendly cat with our server,

Yes I had a nap and afterwards took Spenser for his walk to the park.  What a surprise when we saw dad coming to meet us.  I do think he is feeling a bit better.

I  have had a heavy heart  with Rick being so ill but it feels a little lighter now as the future holds promise. He will be going for rehab and that can do wonders to help the body and the mind to heal.

We will all do our part to help him.

Christmas will be different but our love for our family is strengthen by God's love as we read the story of the miracle of birth.  Jesus came to be one of us to tell us that all random acts are meaningful.

This is a picture of our T.V. for Kim.




 

6 comments:

beth bennett said...

Thanks Germaine for your prayers.
They are a great comfort for me at this time.

Dad's powdered drink has run out.
We have to go to the drugstore

We think this is what we thought the doctor said.

We wonder what we cn do to help Rick.Love mom

Sandra said...

It is nice to be able to do something for someone, it is not just the receiver who is blessed.

Yes, waiting to hear what the limits will be for Christmas and if we will be law breakers or not by having you over.

If you have run out of the powder then use the Metamucil, do not stop.

Sandra

Ken Bennett said...

Dad walking to the park and walking to Browns, that's good! Is there any improvement in your Covid cases? I wonder if you can visit Rick soon?
Ken

Nancy Ateah said...

I am so sorry to hear about Rick...I just checked in and read about a weeks worth of your blog, Beth. That is so worrisome for you and the worst part is not being able to go and visit him. Life is so unsettled for you and Larry now. I will pray daily for you...and for Ricktoo.

Your family are amazing...all pulling together to help...with meals and driving for appointments. Big hugs to them from me.

I am surprised you can go to a restaurant in BC. We are In code red here and there is only take out from restaurants. Stores are shut down except for essential things. I can’t buy Christmas ornaments or paper etc or Christmas gifts. I have to order on line, usually from Amazon.
. I think the lock down will last until mid January.
We order groceries on .line and pick up. You don’t even get out of your car. They put them in the trunk.

Sorry for some typos...the print on your blog is so small I can barely read it. I will see if I can edit it.

Big hugs to you and Larry....sending comfort and love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Larry is starting to feel better and that Rick will get into rehab. I didn’t talk to Leah today but I know she is worried about her dad. Leah sent us a little video yesterday of the girls helping to decorate the Christmas tree and singing. They are so precious and we miss them so much.
I sure hope we aren’t in lockdown still at Christmas. It will be a quiet one but we will survive. There are good news on the vaccine front.
We are still sending healing thoughts to you all.
Germaine

Steady-as-rain said...

Very nice photo of Carol.

Great that Dad walked to the park and that Haiti didn't bite Lord Spensor.