Saturday, August 16, 2008

MAPS AND MORE MAPS

What LARRY IS READING NOW

Larry uses maps and books of London from 1663 while reading Pepys Diary
He first started reading Pepys diary in the National post's daily journal entry.
The Titles are "The Man in the Making", The Savior of the Navy". "The Years od Peril".
If I was to be stranded on; or go to an island
I would not have any desire to have these books with me.
Maybe it is because I have little interest in maps
and I find his Pepy's daily habits a bit boring.
Faith cannot be mapped out but is a journey into the unknown.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now at least I can say even if I dont look like you I think like you. Not the same thoughts, but Mary is alwasys saying I am AADS or what ever the letters are. Mom, stay on one track. You can not take a train to Boston and Alaska and Calafornia at the same time. One train, one destination. Besides, it is too hot to figure out where you are headed.

Anonymous said...

I think this is exceptionally good idea Dad. You could follow it up with a walking tour of London to see buildings or places that Pepys mentions are still around. Of course, a bunch were destroyed by the Great Fire (which I thinks he writes about).

What does Pepys say about Cromwell?

Rick

beth bennett said...

Sandra I do not think Mary is right; but you are right on.

Rick, we just read your comments.

No comments from Ken lately but he is back at work and has a new baby boy.

beth bennett said...

Well Pepys it appears was rather flexable - a supporter of sort of cromwell until he died - then a supporter of the king - I havent got to it yet but I believe he switched again and was almost beheaded.

Incidently Pepys house is a tourist attraction in london - google seething lane - pepys -

will give you a map.

dad

Anonymous said...

Good words.