Thursday, August 7, 2008

Racoon Watch Anyone?

Yes the racoons have been again last night. The water is all muddy and the pump is not running and I see two fish. We were down to our last four; one being a black one very hard to see. I wish I could watch and catch them and stop them. Just imagine if I could catch them crawling silently over the fence and sit down with them and explain to them it is wrong to hurt my fish. Would they get mad at me? Our family disagrees about whether racoons would hurt you.

Today Larry will have to make that new invention he has thought of to give the fish a safe place.

I grew up in a world where I felt very safe. We played, running up and down allies, for hours. We bike out to the edge of town to see the haunted houses. We stayed at the park for hours.
My world was very much a child's world and even when very young I heard talk of the was going on that was an adult concern that was far away.

I do remember the summer when all the swimming pools were closed because there was a scare about polio. It is very hot in Saskatchewan so this was very annoying.

I sometimes wonder why their our pesky beasts like wasps and mostiqoes and flys and snakes that make life miserable. Why do racoons like fish?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't you know? Fish is good for you!

Ken