Thursday, August 21, 2008

OUR LAST DAY

It is cold and wet so I wrap a blanket around me and take comfort in my hot coffee and try to get my brain to wake up.


It is amazing that finally we will be fineshed going to the Cancer Clinic. Our first trip was June 30 and the 37 treatments seems to stretch out before us like an eternity. We did not know where to go and anxiously listened to the instructions. I only went once into the big room with the monster machine and I would be terrified to have to have all those jolts of radiation piercing my body. The outside skin was burnt so what was happening inside.

We have made many good friends; most have been extremely cheerful. Tears come to my eyes as I think of saying good-bye. The energy of love and encouragment was all around us. Gary Zukov writes that :the world is fundmantally dancing energy, energy that is everywhere in different forms."

You would think that there would be a lot of fear in this place of radiation but those who had gone before were so encouraging and so positive. Some where were back for a second round but seemed to accept it with amazing grace.

All the staff were kind and cheerful and made such a difference. I think Larry was one of their favorite patients. He wore his cheeful little Canada socks which delighted them.

Right now Larry still has stomack distress and the fatique. This is deeper than tiredness because you just feel drained of all energy and strength. He has driven everyday, yesterday we left a little late as we hunted for his wallet. Of course it was taken for granted that I may have put it somewhere or even washed it again! We took off without it and we became one of those cars sunning in and out of traffic.

Coming home after driving straight from the clinic to Tsawwassen thinking to see our great grandchildren Ben and Morgan we saw four police cars racing towards us. It was now raining very hard. Once again we were glad to get home.

Larry was printing out maps of Old London in the time of Pepts, 1600. He is finding this a challenge.

Rick, our oldest son has found an amazing book store where he is searching for lost treasures. But I bet he has not found the three books we have on Samuel Pepys.

Larry loves to talk about his life to anyone willing to listen. He brought out books and maps to show our young visitors Ava, Tavia and Gracelyn. This family of five girls has blessed our lives.

Above all our family of children and grandchildren and great-grand children keep alive the joy of being alive. Tears are coming again so I will stop.

Knowing that you are loved takes away the need to have answers but willing to except the mystery of life.


We share a love of reading with all our family.
I find great comfort and reassurrance in scripture.
"I have loved you with an everlasting love
I have drawn you with loving-kindness
I, THE LORD. WILL BUILD YOU UP AGAIN.

Our work will now be to regain the lost strength and once again fit into the flow of normal life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Mom. Well done Dad.
Ken