Wednesday, September 23, 2009

HONESTLY

THE SUN RISING ON EQUINOX


THE MORNING STAR


I was honestly wondering when people ask how you are do they really want to know?
Well I have my tooth set but there is no room in my mouth for food. I honestly did not know that a slider, which is what I have in my mouth, would be this plastic insert in the roof. I can't eat with it in or out. I am afraid to take it out.
Do I feel I have to punish myself for making a stupid mistake?
Christianity as I know it is changing. My parents thought going to church was the way to live your faith and never thought of searching out the truth of scripture. Today we are looking at Jesus to find our living faith and taking a new deeper and more honest look at the scriptures and who wrote them. Jesus calls us to follow him by doing and caring for others.
What Jesus taught cannot be separated from the life we lived and calls us to live.
Honestly what is a true believer?
"Religion at it's best should be biblically responsibe, intellectually honest, emotionally satisfying and socially significant" Robin R. Myers Saving Jesus from the Church.
I honestly like to be around others who are passionate about what they believe and who encourage me to share my faith and to keep learning
"Community,' said Os Guinness, "is essential"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is kind of a bold statement, your parents never thought to seek out the truth in scripture. Never? And yes, when I ask I want to know, and hope your slipper slider or what ever it is gets more comfortable.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Never to my knowledge.
But you are right.


Yes, and I am practicing being honest.

Love mom