Friday, September 11, 2009

TOO EMOTIONAL


Facing the darkness of the unknown, feeling helpless and alone.


Most of the very elderly people that I am visiting are being told they are being moved and they are very upset. They do not know where or when or why they have to move. It makes me angry that we live in a province that is abusing the weak and the helpless and spending money lavishly on building monuments to themselves to look good for the Olympics.


It is very upsetting for anyone who has to be moved and they will become strangers where ever they go. I get no answers from the staff and actually they are unfamiliar to me. I listen but I have no answers and I feel frustrated that the volunteer coordinator has made no effort to contact me and tell me what is going on; so I too am in the dark.


I read to them and say a prayer for those who find comfort in prayer. It makes me angry as well as sad.


Dad is unhappy about the new car and the fact that he has been lied to. He was thinking to take it to an unknown mechanic that the owner says he has been taking the car to but who insisted there was no oil leak; but I felt strongly that he should take it to some one he knows and trusts even if he is more expensive.


Visiting is tiring at the best of times but yesterday exhausted me. Too tired to eat I came home and ate popcorn which upset my stomach.


Today I am off to the dentist to get a mold made which I dread.


I have to say to myself as I said to others take it a day at a time and look for the light.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad mom, is the nursing home closing or they are just moving people for some weird reason? I thought you sounded very tired on your message you left. Carol and I had a nice walk, dinner and a funny movie that she found of Bill Cosby when he turned 49. I will stop by after school today around noon and maybe catch you then.
Sandra