Saturday, September 12, 2009

WE ARE NOT ALONE. WE WALK WHERE OTHERS HAVE WALKED

When dad and I drove to take pictures of this old church we both went in different directions.
The light reminds me of an old prayer that says "Grant us, your grace, that seeing ourselves in the light of your holiness, we may be cleansed of the pride and vainglory which obscure your truth.

This church has stood on this hill for many years and is now called a heritage church. It was amazingingly well built and meamt to last. Many people drive by and may or may not take notice of it. People have been buried there and there were many flowers on the graves. There is now a day care in another building where children are being care for. People still come here to worship and to be challenged by the message of critical biblical scholarship and the call to use our gifts to serve in a hurting world.


Believers and non-believers long for a religion to be faithful to what it teaches and somehow bring our the best ideals that inspire us to be a bit better, more generous, more kind, more forgiving, more loving, and more open to the beliefs of others.
"Man has always been his own most vexing problem." Reinhold Niebuhr

We can choose to be thankful and allow the grace of God to pour love and light into us; or we can see the faults of religous belief and blame religion for all the problems in this injust and hurting world.

Would you believe that I wrote my blog and forgot to press publish and now it has gone. I feel no energy to write again so I will just add a few pictures.

I am thinking of changing my writing to a working through of my thoughts about faith and spirituality and Christianity.

Readers Beware

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ok Mum if you want Togo the spiritual route
on your blog. The family news was alway interesting
for me .
Tyler party went well . I even made a little speach.
Matthew is still asleep 8am , his longest sleep
in ever.
Ken

Anonymous said...

kEN i DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. TOGO THE SOIRITUAL ROUTE? MOM