Saturday, September 5, 2009

TREE CLIMBERS

GOD MADE TREES JUST FOR CHILDREN TO CLIMB
OR FOR OTHERS OF US JUST TO SIT AND LOOK AT.
Our son Rick climbed a tree and fell and broke his knee cap. He walked home with the help of all the neighborhood children. Since he walked home we thought he had not broken any bones. But during the night it became extremely swollen and he had to be taken right to the doctor.
Our great-grandson Ben carries on a family tradition of tree climbing.
In the Bible there is a man named Zacchaeus, being short but wanting to see for himself this man named Jesus, climbed a sycamore-fig tree. Fig trees I now have heard can grow very big.
Although the crowd probably ignored him Jesus looked up and commanded him to come down.
Jesus wanted to visit with him and he knew the hunger for acceptance that was in this man's heart. Zacchaeus was changed that day from being a hard hearted tax collector to a generous and giving person.
Jesus, was a man gifted with words, words that are life changing and freeing. Jesus knew the powerful grace of forgiveness and this was the day that Zacchaeus was meant to hear it.
I wonder if Jesus as he was walking by with so many people following him, looked up into the tree wishing he could climb it and enjoy the pleasure of the challenge of moving branch by branch up as high as he could go. We all have climbed trees and I wish that I could be a tree climber again.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I supose you just need to find the next best thing, not sure what that is, mabe climbing a step ladder under a tree? Sandra

Anonymous said...

Well I am climbing the step stool in my closet looking for lost things. L mom

Anonymous said...

It was just after Christmas and David Eddie and I had gone to the big woods to try out his bow and arrow. One of the arrows got lodged in a tree (or so David thought) and so I was eventually persuaded to climb up a tree with rather smallish branches, two of which, unfortunately, gave way at the same time. Although it wasn't all that awfully high, I landed on my knee, I guess.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

What about me! Stuart Angus pulled off the
tree on his way down . I landed under Stuart
and broke my arm. Which had to be re broken
after the doctor set it wrong.
Ken.

Anonymous said...

It is good to have your comments and your memories of things.

love mom

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that Kenny broke his arm falling out of a tree. See the benefit of all this blogging Mom!

Love,

Rick