Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A TIME TO HEAL

Healing for me means taking a time to allow the sacred holiness to enclose me. It means resting from all the things I know need to be done and resting in who I am. My life has been through many stages; some I have handled well, but others I really messed up. There is pain that comes with some of these memories but the cross absorbs all our pain so that new life can begin again, and I am reminded to be more compassionate to others.
Every day starts with just the beginning of light and that light shines over us all.




Sometimes we recover from an illness but do not realize that we have not recovered emotionally.
It takes time for the energy to deal with life to slowly flos back into our souls. Many thoughts go through our minds when we are struggling with pain that controls all we do. We can feel helpless and useless; forced to rest while the rest of the world scurries on by. What we are experiencing is a time of extreme vulnerability. It is a time for reflection and spiritual growth. We are told that we grow the most when we go through the difficult times. I talk to God because the more open I am sharing what is in my soul the more I am able to really see myself. Friends are good if they really listen and allow the tears to come.
Even though we may not be sick we still struggle to let healing come to every part of our being.
We must be gentle with ourselves; love is patient, and we are to be patient with ourselves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know why suffering is santified so much, sure some peope can get all saintly from it like Corrie Ten Boon, but then what about all the others it just makes them mean or even evil? Yes, we will all suffer, but I am not going to say "praise the lord, send me more and make me better" But then, we are all different, and what ever gets us through the night ...
Sandra

Anonymous said...

You missed the whole point. which is that we will all face problems many we have no control over; so we might as well learn from them.

I was not talking about being saintly but about being patient with ourselves. love mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, was that the point! : )
That will teach me to read in a hurry first thing in the morning.
Sandra