Sunday, September 13, 2009

IT IS TOO HOT

IT IS AMAZING HOW BIG THESE TREES GROW. WE ARE ALL IN A GROWING PROCESS AND OFTEN WE MESS UP BUT THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES.
I am thankful the morning is cool but I got warm on my short walk. It was too warm for me to sleep last night so I hope today will not be so bad.

It was good to hear from Kim and hopefully she got the job!

Karen Armstrong has written a new book "The Case for God". She stresses the need for rationality and mutual respect between atheists that breaks down the barrier of our defensive attitudes. More honest and open discussion would be helpful for us all.

I totally agree that our goal is to become more compassionate.

I find the attitudes and the freedom to beat your wife or your children upsetting in the book"Brick Lane" upsetting. Maybe it because I feel guilty about spanking my children.
I had far too much stress and far too little energy and now I have the guilt. I never thought of taking time off for myself there was always so much to do.

I realize this book deals with both the external and the internal that goes into making us who we are. I would have been better being a lousy mother but expectations and demands just took over.

No comments: