Monday, February 13, 2012

GENTLE WISDOM

It is good to have a day where you just relax and enjoy each other's presence.

Let go of stuff that has been bugging us and just appreciate each other.

I went off to church and dad stayed home still having a bit of a cough and not really like communion.  I found the service very meaningful and peaceful; came home and Sandra and Randy dropped by to see how we were doing.  We passed!

Yes life was going along smoothly until I decided we should make a lemon pie, yes together.  My heart was not really in it but thought if we did it together it would work.  I should have realized that the tennis was not finished and I should have realized that mixing was harder than I had anticipated.

I was very, very angry at my self and frustrated with continued failure.  I was not proud of myself and knew that I needed someone to come to my rescue.  I was ready to throw it away and walk away miserable.
Sometimes it is okay just to let your emotions out which seems easier for us women.

Men can be so sure, calm and in control that it can  be infuriating.
Dad did come and give a helping hand but he couldn't get it to work either, but this did not bother him one bit.

Did God really know what a miserable mess we can make of our lives?

I think we all know what kind of person we would like to be but we fail more often than we like to admit..

"What is going on in your innermost being is worthy of your whole love."  -Rainer \maria Rilke.

I think I will stick with my blueberry muffins instead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe next time you want a lemon pie you should just send dad to safeway? I think my day of doing nothing on Saturday has helped, by cold is 90% gone now. Let me know if you talk to anyone about dads birthday on Saturday.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Dad says he does not care. Maybe we will go to the play at White Rock and on Sunday people can drop in.

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest Safeway ,lol.Any who you have made plenty of Lemon pies that have worked .
Ken