Tuesday, February 21, 2012

RENEWAL

Life is so much fun when you can twirl around and around on an old tire!

Life did not seem so great yesterday morning after a wonderful busy day, when I woke up with a miserable headache probably stayed in bed too long.  I had no desire to get up or do my blog or even go for a walk.  I decided I would spend the day just resting.  But first maybe a cup of coffee and a aspirin would help.  Forgot to add the coffee.

Then I got busy putting the furniture back in the right place  and putting dishes away.  Before I knew it, it was nearly 7:30 when I meet Gundy and I thought I might as well go and see if she is up to walking.  I knocked at the door and there was no answer so I turn away only to hear the door open and a smiling Gundy all ready for a walk

There are times when it is good to do things with others but also it is good just to rest.

I tried to do some reading when I got home but dozed off. 

I decide to do some re-organizing in my closet and couldn't believe it  when I found the book that the library had insisted I had taken out.  Neither dad or I recognize it so it is still a mystery, but I was very happy to return it to the library at long last.

Sometimes I long for things I do not have.
The energy to run and jump and have fun.
The warmth of the sun.
The ability to be calm and not worry.
To make decisions about what is junk that needs to be gotten rid of.
A strong and healthy husband.  Well at least we are getting older together and taking turns being sick!
If I am honest I have to admit I would like to be doing something more useful and effective with my life.

But then I remember what I do have
A heavenly hug each morning from God., who calls us His Beloved and promises to be with us.
The ability to choose what kind of day I will have.
 If it is quiet I will enjoy the resting but if it is busy do it with a thankful and cheerful heart,
A loving husband and family that are not afraid of being truthful with me.
A warm and caring community of friends.
Good books to read.


Prayer is solitude and prayer is community.
Prayer is longing to be more loving and closer to the very heart of love "God"!
Prayer is taking refuge in the healing of silence.

Today everything looks so much better.  No plans yet but a walk certainly

A child can believe because they have not been taught not to believe.
Heaven I tell Morgan is a happy place where people go when they die.
She was asking who the people were in the picture of my mom and dad,
Where is it?  I do not know but I will when I get there.
how did they get there?  well angels come and take them
Why can't we see angels?
I do not know but I know they help God look after people.


to help me focus on the words and actions of Jesus before he was hung on a cross. 
My desire is to be renewed and strengthened in my faith and understanding.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you had a caffine headache?Or were dehydrated.Melina and I have the day off together today.We may go to the Zoo. Lovely fallish weather here , sun not too strong as to sting the skin , but still very warm.
Ps I have quit Facebook , just mot into it any more.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Good thing you found that library book! Like "Smokey The Cow Horse" that I couldn't find for ages and ages when I was in Grade 4.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes, I do not go on face book very much anymore.

I was hoping our family could keep in touch by putting comments on my blog.

I think I was just very tired I find entertaining exhausting.

I ended up with lots of help especially Theresa and Leah.
Sandra is having a bad time with her teeth being done.

Very painfu

Glad you are having a day off together. Have fun!

love mom