Monday, February 27, 2012

SAFE

Dad and I had another walk in the park yesterday afternoon.


I feel safe when I walk through the forest with dad or some one else.
I do not walk there alone although I think I would be safe but I would not feel safe.
 I feel safe walking in the morning when it is still dark knowing that as I walk it will get lighter and I meet friends on my way!

In Mark chapter 4 we come to an unbelieveable story.  I am sure that we have all heard or maybe even told unbelieveable stories.
The disciples had set out across the Sea of Galilee which is seven hundred feet below sea level and just thirty miles across to Mount Hermon.  The cold air from the mountains clashes with the warm air of the Sea of Galilee causing very windy, stormy  thunderstorms/
The disciples got in the boat with Jesus and felt very safe.  Jesus himself fell asleep on a pillow.  Then the storm hits and these brave fishermen are afraid.  They wake up Jesus asking him if he does not care if they drowned.  Jesus is annoyed at their lack of faith but he gets up and rebukes the wind and the waves.  The fishermen of now terrified wondering who Jesus really is if he can control the stormy weather.
"Quiet!  Be still"!
It became completely calm.

Was he asking them "What are you afraid of knowing the dangers they would have to face?

I have to learn to trust Jesus even when life seems stormy.  Things happen over which I have no control.  Can I still feel safe?  Can I still feel loved?  Can I still believe?  Can I change?  Can I share my faith in a way that allows for freedom and joy and acceptance with love and openness?

Is it better to take risks or feel safe?

My computer is acting strange or else it is my brain slowing down?

Dad is off to the skin doctor today.
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would think there needs to be some balance between risk taking and playing safe. Hm, but then that very much sounds like what a risk adverse person would say. I guess the reward has to be big enough to take the risk then. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Well being nearly spring !!! should be light at 6 am .
ken

beth bennett said...

Yes no more going out in the dark which I am thankful for.

love mom