Wednesday, February 15, 2012

SURPRISED

I was surprised when I was reminded it was Valentine's day. 
I had remembered the night before then I forgot in the morning. 

I suppose the story of creation is really the first love story between two young people.

I was surprised when I was out walking to met Gundy, she had been feeling a little down so had not been walking.  So we will be back walking together to-morrow.  This was a surprising admission from her as she also has appeared very strong and self-reliant.

Came home to a lovely surprise of a beautiful box of chocolates that dad had so lovingly picked out for me.
Hearts remind me that when a person sees your heart then you are seen as you really are.

 Valued for your uniqueness is a great gift of love.
Then Jane phoned and we planned a lunch out at the North ViewGolf Course.  It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day and it was lovely to be sitting viewing the greenness all around us.  We talked and talked until we realized that they were starting to set up for dinner.  Thoroughly enjoyable for us all.

"Prayerfulness can be a matter of the heart, mostly unspoken that reveals itself in gentleness, peacefulness, humbleness and compassion and all the gifts of the fruit of the spirit."  -Henri Nouven.

To know that someone is thinking of me prayerfully brings warmth to my heart.

To receive a beautiful box of chocolates is an expression of Love!  In fact there was another box when we arrived home.  Surprised again!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 boxes of chocolates! Well, I got 3 chocolate bars so almost as good. I sent out the invite for Sunday, only Craig has repied that they will be there.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

should be getting light early for your walks soon.It feels like it will be our last 30c plus day here as fall is starting.
ken

nancy-Lou said...

Valentines Day came and went here...no surprises! BUT the pastel study turned out great...it is now a painting....that is my gift! You had a lovely day Beth and well deserved as you are a special lady. Always caring for others. Don't eat all the chocolates in one sitting! The weather in the picture of you and your friends looks so nice...sun ad warmth. Love, Nancy