Thursday, February 9, 2012

lISTENING

My poor old tree looks very dead
 but new life continues to
come each spring.!

It reminds me to never give up hope.

Dad had good news from the doctor his mouth is healing well.  He is getting his energy back which is so good he was able to do the shopping.  Ken has really being spoiling us running back and forth.  We also had left overs for supper thanks to Shawna and Stephen.

My day was spent basically listening and resting,  I needed  time to hear and sense what God is trying to say to me.  I did not go to the Bible study although I really wanted to and felt I had gotten a lot out of doing the lessons. Every time you really read and think about the characters you see the flaws in the both the victim and his angry mean brothers.

 Not that I understand  why their hate lead to murder and deception but they were a wild lot.
I appreciate the different personalities in our own family and how the time and place where each of us is in our family affects us.

I had a very long sleep and a very short walk.  I went to sleep thinking about self-righteousness and judging others.  I think about putting God, a safe God, in a box that keeps me safe from fear,
.The thought that God is wild and unpredictable, even allowing our lives to be sold into slavery so that hard lessons that eventually lead to mercy will take place; shakes one up.

I lie down very miserable and disgusted with myself and yet I wake up knowing there lies around me this joyous peaceful presence.

Home is a good place to be when you are nor feeling the best.  It is a good place to try to be quiet and hear God speak.  I am reminded that I need to listen to God in my search for his direction in my life.

Dad and I are happy to have each other and often he knows that I need to keep busy.  I do get restless when I cannot take part in things I want to do.  I realize that Gos is speaking in my very ordinary life in ordinary ways.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that dad is healing and that you were able to get a tiny walk in. It was pretty rainy when I went for my walk, but at least not as cold as it was before.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you both are feeling a bit better . l find that a quiet day can really help me gain strength for the ordinary busy lives most of us seem to lead. It is our pastoral care meeting this morning and l haven't done the agenda yet so l had better get a move on ! Jane

nancy-Lou said...

My goodness you have had some nice weather Beth...so much for the predicted cold and snowy weather this winter. We usually are in Qualicum Beach at this time of year...but not this winter. I really do miss it. We are thinking of maybe retiring there...but would miss our family.
Getting older is not easy is it? We are finding that too....we will be facing some big changes in our lives in the near future and it is scary! I am worried about having the stamina required for teaching one day painting workshops...travelling and teaching is tiring and I haven't done it for three years...so we will see! Retiring, downsizing,is getting closer. I guess acceptance is the key..but not easy. Take it easy Beth.

Anonymous said...

I prefer Jesus over Joseph and his lot. This is because Jesus is always, always, always quarreling with the priests, scribes, pharisees of his day, the very people we need to be battling these days! We should learn from his example!

Love,

Rick