Wednesday, February 1, 2012

THE ARRIVAL

My day in pictures. 

It was hard to wait until 2 to go to the airport.  Finally it was time.

The drive in was very foggy.  What a surprise to meet Kenny coming out as we went in as his plane was early and he checked through customs with speed.


As usual we drive to the White Spot for one of their famous hamburgers.  Because we got there ahead of schedule and dad's phone was not working we did not connect with Sandra and Randy who would have met us there.  But they came over to the house.



Dad and I are both so happy to be with our two children.


Dad was tired so had a rest but was back up in time for the hockey game.

I was sorry to miss the funeral at church because all our family knew Alex and he was a very humble and gracious person.  I do not know if our minister was able to take the service.  I know people would be talking about him over tea and sandwiches with many fond memories.

"Love is stronger than death"  Song of Songs 8:6

Beloved God you have embraced us with a love that endures all things.
The power of your und=ending love will see us through the times when we feel empty and bereft.
When the days are long and desolate draw us to your heart, strengthen us and comfort us.

Reassure us that the love we share with one another will go on into eternity.

Beloved God thank you for your love that is stronger than death.

This is from the book "May I walk you home?"  that has been a real treasure for me when visiting the dying.

Our visit ended with the family discussing our move to a place with no stairs.  This does make sense with
dad's peripheral neurophy but I thin we have to do things in stages.  Start getting rid of things at junk day and also give to the garage sale at church.

We are happy here and would like to stay but. . . . .  I do not want anyone to worry about us.


It was nice to have ken go for a walk with me.  We waiterd until it was light.

Now Ken has gone to the doctor's with dad.  I am glad they are doing this.  His mouth is very sore and he is very tired.  I hope he has a good visit and gets some answers.
They are now home and dad may have foot and mouth disease or something else.  He may have to have a biopsy on it.  He is sleeping again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I forgot to ask you last night about your neighbore, do you know why he went to the hospital?
And you tell me not to worry, but if I had the same condition that dad does and lived in a house with stairs I know that you would worry every time the phone rings just like I do. After all, I learned my exceptional worrying skills from you! Sandra

beth bennett said...

But I also pray.