Friday, February 24, 2012

GOOD NEWS

I felt very weak yesterday but enjoyed a lovely walk in the fresh air.  I am very careful about what I eat so I think maybe it was stress.  I am now back to normal!

I was disappointed that I had not made the pancake supper and Ash Wed. Service.  As I was praying in the morning I had a picture of knelling at the feet of Jesus and it was just me and Him; so I think my message is that I may miss some of the community spiritual events that I can find Jesus in my own quiet time.

"The hands of the King are healing hands and thus the rightful king shall be known."
--The Lord of the Rings  by Tolkien.

I  think that the good news that came to life with the presence of Jesus was he restored healing to people's souls and their bodies.  Soul healing being the most important.  I could read every book written about Jesus and end up totally confused and unsure.  He was a Jew aware of the Jewish laws and traditions  he lived in a different time.  But human nature does not change.  I know that I need to feel his healing touch day after day.

I pick up the Bible with a prayerful and teachable spirit and the words touch my heart in different ways each time.  My needs are different and when I feel the most empty I am more open to the spirit.


My neighbor Rosanna brought this paper the Georgia Straight over for me and there was an excellent article about celiac disease.  I look back at the sixteen years I struggle with this disease and was misdiagnosed and because the damage to the absorption surface was so severe they thought it may not grow back.  I am thankful that it has recovered about 75% so I have to be even more careful.  Dad is finding it not so easy as he thought to cut out the wheat from his diet.

I see the internist next Tuesday and dad goes to his skin cancer doctor on Monday.

I visited my neighbors across from us as I know they are having health troubles too yesterday morning..  They are very cheerful.  They have moved their bed down to their dining room.

Went visiting at the Nursing Home.  Jim is extremely negative so not easy to visit.  On the way home I had a good look around Chapters wanted to spend our gift money before I lost it.  Dad thought he could meet me and started out walking but his hip and knee brothered him a lot.

I did not sleep well last night worried about him.  I will make an appointment for his complete checkup a week from Tuesday.

Today I go to a meeting of the world day of prayer with Jane and Jean.  I am not sure what I can commit to but they understand.

I know what you mean Ken when you say your head hurts with all you have to learn with your new job.  I bet Matthew likes his kindergarten.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing quite like good news. It is amazing how some so untangible as simple words can make such a physical difference. Randy got good news last night, and he was floating on air. Did Mary and MJ tell you of their plan to move to Victoria? They are getting closer so I am happy. Sandra

beth bennett said...

No I did not know that.
Glad to hear your good news
Love mom

Anonymous said...

Hot again today.With any luck the weather will hold and I will not have to deal with diversions with Melbourne airport closed due storms. Storms are expecpted Monday or Sunday late.Matthew had fun at Kindy yesterday.
Ken

Anonymous said...

what was Randy's good news?
k

beth bennett said...

I do not know what Randy's good news was just what Sandra said.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, it was just a step closer to the end of child support. Sandra