Thursday, February 2, 2012

A NEW DAY

I am up early as usual as I tip-toe to the computer room.  It is very quiet, cold and dark.  It is a room full of books, pictures of family. some important papers and some junk.  A funny place to create a sacred space for my morning talk to God.  The Bible is one of many books piled up by my computer. It has been well used over the years.  I am looking forward to my first morning cup of coffee.  For a few moments I am happy to enjoy a sense of the spiritual energy as the shadows of dreams still linger in my state of waking up.

Thankful that dad went to the doctor, a female actually that we have known from our years going to the Vineyard church.  She also practices part time up north and has adopted a little boy from there.  She asked dad a lot of questions and looked back at his records so that was excellent.

He has some ointment to apply to inside his mouth and I hope it eases the pain.  He has really cheered up with Ken's visit.

Ken helped me out in the yard after he got back going to the doctor with dad.  He cut the grass and I did some cleaning up of old leaves etc.  It was such a nice day to be out in the sunshine.

Sandra is now also sick with a cold which I hope and pray does not turn into this miserable cough etc.

We had a visit from one of the neighbor's cats.  He is looking at the cat Kim gave to me.  It was funny, 
We have had a quiet day but did enjoy our time together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was soooo nice out! I wanted to work in the garden too, but forced my self to stay on the couch. I think it may be your germs I have caught, I can feel it in my chest now and have a bit of a cough. So good to hear dads apt went well, it is important to know someone is listening and takes you seriouse.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying Ken's visit and that Larry had a satisfying visit with the doctor .l am off to the lab. for some blood work that should have been done before Christmas ! Better late than than never . Then later l will be going to Colebrook to help prepare for the Memorial service for Louise such a brave lady. love, Jane

Anonymous said...

I have some of Larry's gene's, as I have a blood work request from the doctor that has been on the fridge since July! Cutting grass in February? Did Ken this he was back home or something?

Panteli