Monday, March 26, 2012

BRIGHTNESS

This is a picture of the sun that was shining so bright as I walked all I could see was darkness.

I think this is a metaphor for the light that God is shing down upon us while all I see is darkness until I look at the light that is shing all around me.  The message at church today was all about seeing God in a relationship of love and beating in all of creation.

The Old Covenant which was a strict set of rules that separated those who obeyed and were then called good from those who were disobedient and lived in darkness.  In the prophet Jeremiah he wanted everyone to see that God desires a heart to heart relationship.  A life lived in joy and freedom.

Saturday dad and I were at Sandra and Randy's for a happy feast.

As I said good bye I decided to take a few pictures.  Sandra was still in her gardening clothes as she had had a very busy day.

This is Craig with "everybody" as Leah is called by Craig's niece when she says good night and forgets her name so says good night everybody.

  
This is Gracelyn with her four sisters at her graduation party.  Yes they phoned to make sure that we had the roght day and time.

Each one of these girls has brightened up our lives and made life fun!

Gracelyn is reading our card and sharing it with her mom Cathy and sister Deserae.

The very essence of that love is shining  even in the darkness and even if we do not sense it.
I think everyone looked beautiful and I enjoy the memories of every picture!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brightness vs darkness. All those bright shiny girls of Cathy's vs me in my dark dull gardening clothes. Hm, I really should make more of an effort to dress nice.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

We all shine in our different ways, don't we?

I'm in Edmonton for several days this week.

Love,

Rick

larry bennett said...

Sandra - your good shiny heart shows through - even when mom takes one of her famous pictures in the dark with her little camera, and no flash. I tell her it won't work - but I believe god makes it turn out - just to spite me!