Thursday, March 22, 2012

VARIETY

We drove through a great variety of weather yesterday.

After dad's mad speeding dash to the ferry it seemed so lovely and sunny at home here; but I could feel the chill in the air, dad suggested we drive into the Sylvia.  We had really enjoyed the visit with our great grand kids they are a lot of fun and so is their mom!

We left home in the sunshine for a nice calm drive downtown.  On my left I could see a big gray cloud which arrived at the Sylvia the same time we did.  A group of ladies were just leaving, evidently nurses, retired, that get together there once a year or so.  They looked much the same as the group I had been with on Tuesdays which was a variety of sizes and dress but all very happy and chatting as they were leaving.

There were less people out walking and we did not go on our walk about either.  I am finding I feel the cold and their was a bit to the wind that could chill the bones.  My bones anyway.  On the way home it started to snow and the traffic was really slow although there should have been no reason that we could see.

We stopped off at the library I wanted to find a good mystery to really get into.  I brought home some new authors to try.  I am a bit old fashioned in my reading and have to get used to some of the "language".  I don't mind a dead body but do not want gory details or to be drawn into the crazed mind of the killer.

Language is an important part of what shapes us into who we are and when I think of our family or of groups I have belonged to how different we all are.  The joys of being part of a family are equally balanced with frustrations and differences.  This becomes part of our need to process beyond our own needs and understandings into a world where there are many varieties of people.

When I read the gospels I am happy that the disciples of Jesus were all so very different.

Language today stresses self-development and expression that liberates us to grow beyond our early teachings and come to our own self-realization.

Pictures of Theresa'a visit were put on last night.  Did anyone see them?
Canucks loss last night very sad especially sad when Daniel Sadin was hurt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blue berry muffins sound like a good idea, I should make some this weekend. That wind is very cold, it hailed on us on our afternoon walk. Oh, to be in Ontario where it is hot and sunny! Sandra

Anonymous said...

I hope Dan Sedin is ok.
Snow again.
Ken

Anonymous said...

The snow did not stick but crazt weather.
Are you back working
How are you managing without melina? I hope she had a good rest and break.
love mom