Tuesday, March 6, 2012

REASONABLE

It was a strange day starting with a walk in the rain with Gundy
Then dad decided to go for a walk in the forest and when he left I made up my mind to visit Pearle in Morgan Place.  I knew she would be feeling down because plans for her to go home had been changed.  I was glad I had gone even though I got a little lost going and coming back.
  I do not have a good sense of direction so I prayed!

After I got home it started snowing.

Looking at this picture it would be reasonable especially for a child to want to see where they lead to.

If  one was to rediscover the spirituality behind the religion they may have been taught as a child they would want to find something reasonable to have believe. .
  It is reasonable to believe that an inner faith would change your outer actions and hopeful help you become a better person.

In Chapter 8 of Mark's gospel Jesus tries to tell his disciples he will be facing death, a death on a cross, and that to continue to follow him will become costly for themselves also.  He is trying to tell him that his life has a deeper purpose than just teaching and healing.

Facing death will result in celebrating life, the abundant life he has promised.  They refused to accept the truth because it is beyond their comprehension.

So trying to be a reasonable person knowing that I live in a very secular, crazy, unfair world;
knowing that faith is faster and larger than human reasoning; I will read the book suggested
 by Rick,   "Losing My Religion."

If you would be a real seeker you would always look to see what is behind it all.





Leah is coming over today.  We are enjoying the goodies from our basket!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was pouring rain when I left for work yesterday and then bright an sunny when I went home. Today on the other hand it was light out when I left which make me so happy as it means spring is almost here! I am just hoping that when I go home it wont be raining. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Did you find the "Losing" book at the new library?

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes I ordered it from the library.

Sorry I did not check my spelling a little tired this morning.

Glad it is sunny.

love mom

Anonymous said...

first night on my own tonight !! Hope we dont get diversions or thunderstorms.
Ken