Friday, March 30, 2012

CLEAN AND FREE!


Clean and free

So there  was hiding in the dark  corner by the Safeway and near the liquor store with my bottle clutched tightly in my hand.  Shaking with fear on the inside.  Looked around and took a swig.  Did I mention it was mouth wash?  I was on the way to the dentist and I wanted to be sure my breath smelt okay.  Yes I was getting my teeth cleaned.  Yes, I wanted to refuse treatment.

So my teeth are all clean now and I do not have to do anything unless I want the root removed and a new flipper that holds the one tooth in.  I am exhausted after coming clean with everything.  The worry about the expense and all the different appointments had been a cloud over me..  So now I have a choice to do nothing which I will do for now and maybe have the root dug out later.

It is so good to be free of worry.

I was thankful that I was free  to take  the rest of the day to just relax and read.
 Dad went off to do his walk and we talked about going out but decided not to
 but to just enjoy a quiet day.  I admit I was feeling miserable with an upset stomach.

I somehow think we want inner freedom and do not realize we have it. 

Today we have a few things to plan.  Dad is sneezing non-stop!  So maybe I will just leave him at home!

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

You are so funny Beth....you really could have got in the spirit if you had brandy instead of mouthwash! Fruity smelling breath and courage too! Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

So today it is Rick's turn at the dentist. He is having a root-cannel.

The thing is if you go in in pain you are willing to face the treatment.

A sense of humor is so important I agree.
love beth

Anonymous said...

Clever lead-in image Mom. You are getting pretty good at this!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

It had to face the dentist with my sniffly nose on Wednesday. Normally I would have canceled, but not now when I am getting so close. Unfortunately, looks like I wont get my teeth before we Leave for California though.
Sandra