Thursday, March 8, 2012

FRAGILE

Life is so fragile and when some one we know is grieving we grieve too.
Yes it also makes us stop and appreciate what we have.

I think that it is hard to admit how fragile life really is.  I believe that this is what is at the center of our Christian faith if I am willing to admit my needs.  When I think back to before I was diagnosed with celiac and how exhausted I was but my faith was very strong even as I was getting weaker.  My health was very fragile and getting worse.  Thankfully I went to the right doctor and they found out what was wrong.

I have never expected God to make me healthy, wealthy or even wise but with his help I may become a better person and find the joy that is the secret to life.

In Mark Chapter 10 the rich man asked Jesus what he must do to inherit eternal life.  Jesus looks at him with love knowing that this man is sincere and believes in his own goodness but that he has allowed wealth to become his strength so that he does not realize his spiritual fragility.

I know that my faith must not be dependant on answers to my prayers or on the way other people live their lives.  The best I can do is to learn from my experiences.

Dad and I enjoyed talking to Ken and the children om skype last night.I love seeing the children being so happy and dancing about singing and having fun. Reminding me to take time to have fun! 
 And the basket contained the best quality of everything.  Thanks again!

  Dad had had a good visit with some of his old pals and then when he got home we had a short 30 minute walk in the park.  We are both feeling so much better but we have to watch our energy levels. 

Today I will be visiting Jim and then driving with Jane to do some more visiting with Pearle.
.Dad is becoming part of a group that support the Oak Ave. Mission although I think it may have a new name.  They support people in a poorer community.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you talked to Carol since her trip to New York? I dont think I have seen Panteli on Facebook either..yes, it is so hard to believe how easy it is for a life to be lost. It sure brings back the memories of driving home from work in the blizzards in winter in Edmonton and how I hated it. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't that true about life being so unpredictable and fragile. One never knows what today will bring. We tried to go to the city, Winnipeg that is, three times this week and all three mornings brought snow and icy highways and lots of cars in the ditch..so no sense risking it. It is snowing again ARHG! Spring seems far far away here. Tomorrow looks good for travel. Have a good day visiting Beth. Love, Nancy