Tuesday, March 20, 2012

UNPREDICTABLE


Unpredictable Little snowdrops early in the morning yesterday.

Unpredictable mood swings with me.  Took on a big job clearing out dishes etc. from the dining room when I was really not feeling up to it.  Of course once you get started you have a big mess.  It took much longer than I had thought it would.  We have a rummage sale coming up at the church in April so that is a good way to pass things on.

Thankfully dad did some shopping for supper which was a tremendous help. He found lots of gluten-free food at M @ M's so that means there are some new things for us to try.

 He also went for his walk in the park.  He enjoys meeting dogs with their people..

Life seems to be full of unpredictable moments that can surprise us with joy or can frustrate us because what we thought we knew and believed is now changing.  Clearing out the old is important but so is having a solid foundation upon which to build.

The unpredictable is that it is only when we see how flawed and needy we really are, and that change is part of the process, then  we then take the next step on the road to faith. 

"Faith journeys are never simply intellectual exercises/"  

Jesus says to his disciples; "Keep awake." I think he meant that we must not be mislead but be alive and pay attention.

This morning is a United Church Women's conference starting at 9 and then a grave side funeral for a very dear old friend who turned 100 this year.  A busy day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had thought I could put away my gloves on Saturday since I was now cutting the grass, but nope, still need them for my drive to work in the morning. Did you accomplish all that you wanted to with your clearing away? When it comes to china, if it is any set you are wanting to get rid of ask the grand kids first, you never know. Sandra

Anonymous said...

the spent the day at Nonna's , matthew collected four scooters to bring home.They both fell asleep in the car at 10pm when I picked them up after work.Melina is in Cairns for three days.I called in sick today to stay home with the kids.The weather here is warm , supposed to be change today with cold southerly winds.
ken

Anonymous said...

the spent the day at Nonna's , matthew collected four scooters to bring home.They both fell asleep in the car at 10pm when I picked them up after work.Melina is in Cairns for three days.I called in sick today to stay home with the kids.The weather here is warm , supposed to be change today with cold southerly winds.
ken