Monday, March 12, 2012

TENDERLY

Evidence of all the rain we had the day before.  I love the raindrops on the leaves.
Yes it is very good dad is doing some walking nearly every day.
We went yesterday afternoon after my stomach felt better.  Sorry to hear Randy also had problems.
It is amazing all the different shades of green in the forest with the new buds coming out.

Earlier in the morning I had tried a short walk and this is what I found.  It took my breath away I couldn't believe it.

The cover was right off the drain at the side of the road and would be dangerous for cars driving or for anyone walking especially when the light is not good.  Or children could fall in.

So I went home to get a piece of wood to cover it.
Went back later in the car and it had been fixed.
Was this an act of prayer?  Brother Lawrence would think so as he washed his dishes prayerfully.
I was very disappointed not to be  going to church, where I would have just spent the time in the bathroom anyway.  I look forward to hearing Daniel our minister speak.

When we were sitting on the bench we gazed up at the eagles enjoying their flights up so high. The tops of the trees were blowing with the wind but we felt only a gently breeze.  The fresh air felt so good and it came to my mind how gently and tenderly the spirit could breath on us and through us without an effort on our part. 

God was present!
So one does not have to be in church or reading religious books for one to feel the presence of something awesome.

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling
Calling to you and to me
As I sat more daydreaming than praying the words of this old hymn came into my mind.

I understand that some people cannot believe in God or the mystical mysteries of life.
I cannot stop believing even as I cannot stop breathing.  Each breath I breath in love and mercy.
I believe in goodness that lives in any heart that seeks it.
I am so thankful for grace and forgiveness and the freedom to believe.

Reiki writes in "Letters to a Ypoung Poet" to have patience with everything unresloved in your heart and to try and love the questions themselves. . . .The point is to live everything.
I also want to do some rethinking of religious truth.  Reiki also says " to believe in everything that has not yet been said." 

Jesus told his disciples that they would do greater things than he did.

Dad spent some of the day redriving one of our road trips.  Good to have good memories.

We watched "Cider House Rules and a little of the Don Cherry thing.

Yesterday was one of those day when it took an effort to pray or to go for a walk.

This morning it is very windy and all is well here!  Winds at 76 k's some power is already out and ferries not running.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hoping the power stays on here at work. We seem to be in a bad area and it goes out every time we have a wind storm. But since I have a dr apt later I have my kindle with me, so at least I wont be bored.
Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

What wonderful words you wrote....they express what I think and feel,but much more eloquently than I could write. Here they are:
I understand that some people cannot believe in God or the mystical mysteries of life.
I cannot stop believing even as I cannot stop breathing. Each breath I breath in love and mercy.
I believe in goodness that lives in any heart that seeks it.
I am so thankful for grace and forgiveness and the freedom to believe.
Thank-you, my dear friend, for such words of wisdom. They will remind me daily, of what wonderful gifts we have been given.
Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Lovely comment by Nancy-Lou l would echo her words.l am sorry you where not well enough to come to church. There was a big surprise awaiting us -Ed and Dayna had come over from Sechelt presumably to celebrate Lee's 30 yrs as church secretary ( which was postponed due to the death of her mom) They both looked very well and happy. Ten of us went out to lunch at the Pantry and it was great fun.
A service for Lee's Mom will be on Thursday at forest lawn in Burnaby. Shall we go together? The wind is wild this morningHope w don't loose power, Love, Jane

Anonymous said...

Thank you both I love getting comments!

love and hugs
mom \ Beth

beth bennett said...

Yes Jane that is a good idea to go together,
love beth

Anonymous said...

Good thing you put that cover over the open drainage hole. Could have been dangerous.

Love,

Rick