Friday, March 9, 2012

SOMEHOW

I woke up with a miserable pain in my hip which felt better once I moved around and took an aspirin.
It was cold as I stepped out the door for my walk but the birds where already singing.  When I got home I got some sad news about a friend.  Sometimes you are not sure what to do.  Do you rush over or do you wait?  I went because there are times when only a hug can help.

I was a little late visiting Jim and I know he had decided I was not coming.  He admits to me how lonely he is and I wish I could do something more.  I touch his arm as I leave knowing he is a very private person.

It was a blessing to go visiting with Jane, not only did she know where she was going, we had time to catch up on our personal lives.

The situation facing our friend does not look good at the moment as plans have fallen apart and she is very disappointed she will not be able to go home soon.

Dad had a great walking in the forest and even some some birds and an owl.  He gets a bit lost but is learner more and more about the different paths.  Reminds me of the book "I lost my Religion" where people are getting lost on different paths.  I will take a break from it today.

Arriving home dad and I start to watch a D.V.D which reminds him of the farmer who had lost his case against the big company, producing modified seed, and forcing the farmer to use it.
.....where is justice?
Somehow I have to believe that there is goodness in this world that still works in our lives.
Spiritual questions do not go away and nor does the wonder or sense of mystery leave even when faced with the cruelty and disbelief of others.  I hope that I can keep my mind and heart alive to a reality that brings out the compassion and spiritual energy that I still believe is our hope for a better world.
Somehow I believe that God shares our pains and gives us strength to endure.

Time for a comforting bath with my new bath salts and then watch the hockey if I can stay awake.

To-morrow which is now today I have no plans except a walk with Gundy, and it is wet and windy this moening.  Glad I cut some grass last week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not very nice weather for walking today, nor for cutting the grass this weekend which I was hoping to do. Oh well. Randy and I are determined to do something special to celebrate the end of his child support payments so I guess it will have to be something in doors.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Wow - you sure got that "Losing" book quickly! I haven't even found a copy (although I wasn't looking that hard ... it will turn up eventually). I did like the interview of the author.

All the visiting is good, Mom, but don't wear yourself out.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Try ordering it from the library.
Dad heard him on the radio too.
Sometimes too much knowledge is not a god thinh do you think?

love mom

Anonymous said...

Just when you thimk the weather is on the improve. Lippy, Melina's little dog died yesterday , very old , she lived to 13 . Canucks played great yesterday.
ken

Anonymous said...

l really enjoyed going visiting with you. Particularly our visit with Reg Barry, Jane

Anonymous said...

http://www.cbc.ca/bc/bookclub/