Saturday, March 17, 2012

THE WAY

Dad is better and went for a walk yesterday.  He needs to take an aspirin before going.  He also uses one of those walking poles and I have one too to use in the park  It is very helpful..

I think dad over does it and then  his hip is bothering him.  It was good he took a day off to rest and yesterday went for a shorter walk.  It is not always east to judge where you are in the park and how  far back you have to go.  Dad also likes going on new trails.

I also like to stop and take pictures when I am alone or with dad.

I went for a shorter walk as it felt darn cold to me.  Then we went to check out books at the library and I came home with some heavy tomes. 

Sandra phoned early in the morning because she heard on the news that a pedestrian had been hit on the corner of 64 and Scott.  No need to plan my funeral yet it was not me although I did hear the sirens.

We went to the Green Lettuce for supper and have lots for tonight.  We have to shop for a grad. present for Gracelyn.  I was wondering about some beauty products but I guess we will get some ideas when we go out.

I went to mail a letter last evening and the sky was beautiful so I went back for my camera and it was already changing.  I am pleased it is lighter out in the evenings.

Well; Nancy-Lou there are some excellent books available.

Two Quakers have written a book called "If God Is Love" which I liked.

There is a book called "Belief" by Francis S. Collins in which he has different people expressing their views.  Then there is "Speaking of Faith" by Krista Tippet and Amazing grace by "Kathleen Norris."

The authors I like are Henry Nouwen, Phillip Yancy, Jean Vainer, Brian Mclaren, and Jewish writers like Rabbi Harold Kushner and Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi.

I want to read "The Reason for God" by Timothy Keller which I believe is now out in paperback.   am going to check the library too.  He offers a rational reason why we should believe in God and is compared to C.S. Lewis who writes very good books.

Good luck there is lots to choose from.

I nearly went to the graduatio p.arty on the wrong day and the wrong time.  I am thamkful it is next week-end at 2 o'clock.  It would have not been the first time we have gone on the wrong day or the wrong time.  Yes it is written down but I have to remember to look at it.  I feel very foolish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures Mom. Wish we had a restaurnat like the Green Lettuce in Kamloops.

It is snowing here now, so I guess Sring is going to hold off again for a while.

Yes, those walking poles are quite good.

Glad that Dad is getting out and walking,

Nancy: Bishop Spong writes some interesting things. And the Quakers may be on to something.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes Rick I knew you would mention Bishop Spong and I have several of his books.

The people at the reen Lettuce know us now and know that I need gluten-free so they are very helpful.

I went back to bed thjis morning thinking we would be going out at night but it is next week and it is in the afternoon.

Hard to be;lieve Cathy's 5 are all growing up and carrying on theiur education. Gracelyn wants to go to the school of engineering.

How is leah doing?

I would like to do some work in the garden the grass is knee high almost with all the rain.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Leah seems to be getting on fine, but she is mostly quiet around the house. She is off with her friend Brandy today.

Love,

Rick