Thursday, March 29, 2012

OOPS! !

Oops!  It only takes a small rock to trip me up these days.  When you are small you love to jump and fall and jump right back up again; but now it is hard to get turned around and get back on your feet, even with dad's help.  I certainly blend right in don't I?  lol

Besides posing for pictures and my daily trip to the store the morning went by quickly and before I knew it was time to head down to the church for our Bible Study.  We were a quieter group, happy to celebrate Lee's birthday but knowing she is still very very sad at the passing of her mom. 

 Again I am reminded how precious each one of our lives really is,

Very windy during the day and really blustery in the night.  Not the kind of night you want to lose your key and with your dad away in Edmonton find you are locked out.  Sound like Leah.  Oh yeah
Fortunately Craig has a brother in Kamloops.

Falling over my rock reminds me of the old saying "to fall from grace."
 Christians make just as many mistakes as non-Christians.  We are not saints yet! 

We try to live out our daily lives in relationship with our "Higher Power" guiding us we can only hope that our character is gradually growing and changing.

I realize many intellectual people take a stand against Christianity because of personal disappointment with Christians or with churches.  If you have either been influenced by the behavior of nominal Christians who do not practice what they say they believe or with self-righteous fanatics who think they are better than others then you will find fault with much that is said and done in the name of religion.

Yes, the church is filled with immature and broken people who still have a long way to go emotionally, morally and spiritually.  For those of us who have come from stable family
 back-grounds we can be very thankful.  The truth is that all of us have been hurt along the way.


Dad likes this picture the best,

Today I am going to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned and tell him I do not want to proceed with anything more at this time.

Not sure about visiting.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope no plants were hurt in the making of those pictures! Sure I did not get a wink of sleep last night with all that wind. Saw the new dentist, just 2 more appointments now till I have teeth. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

You look like a "goner" in the pic Larry likes best....you are such a character Beth! Glad you didn't hurt yourself. Have you ever tried the duunkerin biscuit mix that is gluten free? They are similar to baking power biscuits and really good. They are the only thing I like so far...the gluten free breads I have tried are like cardboard.I wish I could get out in the garden but we have snow and ice. YUK. But I will be starting my seeds indoors soon. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

No Ihave not tried those.

very rainy and windy here so no gardening.

love Beth

Anonymous said...

I I am on early shift is very busy. there was a fire terminal this morning at 3 AM,. Hope you are alright after your fall.