Monday, August 27, 2012

BEGININGS

W
A fantastic place for two people to begin a life together.  Their lives which began as a friendship has now grown into a true engagement. 

As we grow older it is harder to see the promise of each day as a beginning of something new. 

"What we are really meant to do in life never stops shadowing our souls." --Joan Chittister

This day lies before me and prepares me to live into my calling that is mine alone.  Are there depths within me that are waiting to be discovered.  Creativity changes as we begin a new stage in our lives.
This day is a gift waiting to be openned. 

"Knowing others is wisdom.
Knowing oneself is enlightenment."


 
  Love I believe is one of the strongest forces in the world and can make us really happy or cause us deep pain. 
 
 Our love for each other is just a taste of the awesome love that Jesus has for all of us.


Uri keeps busy by playing in the dirt, running around and eating a plum.
 He has a new cousin who is nine months old.  Both of them have many new beginnings before them.
I can begin today to put an extra effort into being healthy and happy just to be me.  What better place to be than where I am surrounded by loving family.

God's own love reigns over us all! ! !

It felt good to be invited over to Sandra and Randy's where between the two of them they fed us to overflowing.  Dad brought the rhubarb pie home with him.  I think he is spoilt but so am I!

I learned in church today to be patient and like compost becomes good soil over time and with the different things put into it.   A message that was appropriate after our long wait for the bride and groom the day before.   We are in the process of being beautified by all the messy and all the difficult things that continually pop up in our lives and offer us our new beginnings  We are to share that beauty with others.

 What keeps me from the way of compassion and understanding that has a call on each of our lives?
 This is the true purpose of confession , letting go of all guilt and moving on.

The church can be a reminder of God's presence in our world and move us to become creative with our questions that can lead us deeper into mystery of life.




Becoming a family

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rats! I missed rhubarb pie, bad time that I had to start my houseitting in Tsawwassen yesterday!

Panteli

Anonymous said...

Yes, with our full tummies Randy and I had a very lazy rest of the day. Good thing he at least got some painting done before lunch. Hope you had a better sleep, no crashing of garbage cans or people talking. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, I feel like I'm becoming compost too sometimes. :-)

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Nice sunny day here. Warmer , still a chilly wind.
Ken