Thursday, August 23, 2012

DARKNESS

Looking out my window at the darkness and feel the coolness of the morning it seems like fall is here. We have been watching some dark mysteries on our T.V. and maybe that is why it has been harder to sleep.  Anyway I am awake now.

I get so absorbed in my morning prayer and writing I do not even notice the light coming.  I am so fortunate to be able to do what brings me happiness and a sense of accomplishment and enjoyment.
I am hopeful that maybe something I write may have meaning for someone else too.  It is a rich blessing to be able to accept change and still find enjoyment in life.

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer.
     It sings because it has a song."    Chinese proverb.

There is a song that only I can sing that has become clearer and stronger as I become older.  Each soul has been given a song that comes from deep within their very heart. 

So often we get so busy and preoccupied with what needs to be done we can forget to sing.  If I feel that my life has significance then it makes life worth singing about.  Enjoy the music and feel the love!




We made very good time on our journey to Burnaby but city traffic takes a certain skill that I am thankful dad has.  Nearly an hour each way and we consider that good.  From Shirley's place we drove into the center of town to enjoy a light lunch at the Sylvia.  Old friends are really the best as we have so many memories together and share the joy of seeing each other. 

I leave them for a few minutes to take a few pictures and am immediately reminded on the far side walk there is a walking lane and a bike lane.  I move over to the right side just in time.  Lots of families enjoying their bike rides and others just enjoying the beach.

I was pondering what the words made in God's image mean and I think it simply means a little part of you and me is a part of something bigger.  I am thankful when the light shines to brighten up the day and the darkness has to flee.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really notice the traffic here after being away for a while. Construction on River Road is going to make it even worse this fall. Sandra

Anonymous said...

At 2:30am on my way to work not much traffic.
ken