Friday, August 24, 2012

THE DIFFERENCE

What a difference an hour can make in the morning.

What a difference a day can make as the earth continues to turn through the seasons and each season has it's own message for us.  Fall  is the time of harvest as the days become shorter.  Whatever my mood is I accept what it is trying to say to me.  My thoughts can make a difference.  There are things in our lives that we cannot control but I know that the seasons will change and that joys and sorrows await us all.

And every morning there are millions of others who are facing similar difficulties that in some cases feel overwhelming.  I am not alone.

"how far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong.....because some day in life you have been all of these."  -George Washington Carver

I went visiting and listened to others tell me their stories.

"Which has more value in life, where have I grown the most, where have I discovered wisdom, learned patience, understanding, equanimity and forgiveness--in the hard times or the good ones?
The question asked by Ajahn Chah.  --spiritual meditation teacher.

We all make a lasting difference in the many lives we touch.

Some things are done quietly and in secret, others are as simple as letting someone know you care.

We all make a difference in our own way.  Sometimes it is in giving sometimes in receiving.




















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post Mom. "To everything there is a season ..."

Love,


Rick

Anonymous said...

early for fall ?
ken