Sunday, August 19, 2012

EYES

It will be good to see Sandra again now that she is back home.  She will be tired coming home on a late flight I think.  It was so good that she could be there for \Mary's birthday and what a happy time that would be for all!

I am trying to write an inspiring blog about the eyes of faith but right now I feel more like they are blinded with frustration as I am having computer problems..   

The eyes of faith should help me to see beyond the worries and concerns of this life, but at times I find it hard. 

I am so fortunate that as I enter our church there are happy people there to greet me and give me hugs.  So first I see them and I know and feel apart of the community.  I know the people who are having difficulties and I am glad to see some of them there.

This Sunday I have gone by myself as dad is home watching baseball.

I drink in the beauty of the sanctuary, the flowers and the candles and the Bible open on the table.
I look forward to singing and listening but first the Christ candle is lit.  The light of Christ glows before me to be a reminder  His light shines within me and I know that his breath is breathing on us all.  Preparing me for worship.

"The eye is the lamp of the body and if your eye is healthy your whole body is healthy."

A person with a good eye will see the needs of others whereas a bad eye is selfish and stingy blind to the needs of others.  A good eye sees the sacred in the every day and believes in a strong relationship that also sees our needs.  Yes His eye is on the sparrow so trust is vital in our relationship!  Yes, I can face the future with a calmness that is a gift of a loving Father.

"Whoever has a good eye, a humble spirit and a modest soul is a disciple...... who enjoys this world
and inherits the world to come."   -Mishnah, Avot 5:19

The mystical path lies right before our eyes as we open our eyes wide to be a good friend and a good neighbor and seek wisdom for the future.  The nicest thing anyone can say is that we are good hearted and generous.

If you are generous your whole life will show it.  Illumination comes as we need it and we see the potential that we felt we had lost; like I felt yesterday.

Dad and I went walking in the woods although both of us had back pain.  It was enjoyable and we met people and dogs and a family of bikers having great fun.

Pentali is making supper for us tonight, Monday, and Sandra and Randy are invited.  I am looking forward to it!

Good on you Ken for the e-mail that was good to see!



























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, looks like you over came your computer problems and got your blog written and posted. Thank you so much for the offer of dinner but I will be working late tonight and then will be very tired and just head home for dinner that Randy is cooking as he is off today.

Anonymous said...

It was Cabbage Island where we camped one night.

I talked to Dad on Skype (thanks to Panteli) while you were at church.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Jasmine has a sore eye, it's junky and stuck together.If its no good tomorrow back to the doctor's . Early shift this week. Melina is working a double shift today.

Ken