Tuesday, August 28, 2012

EMERGING

The waves come gently to  merg with the shore.

Sometimes I feel like there is nothing much to get up early for.  No important job to rush out the door to, no big problems to solve, nothing special on today and yet here I am up at 5:30 to write on my blog.  I always feel happy after it is finished and thankful for the ideas that keep coming.  Putting a picture on can take 20 minutes so that is frustrating and I hope it gets better.

I will go for my walk and do some laundry and gardening and then maybe to the library.  Simple little things that fill my day and also a nap or two.  And I do not want my children or grandchildren to worry about me.  I am happy being me, wrinkles and all!

Dad worked on clearing up the back pond, a messy job, and he cut himself.  Good job Morgan was not here she hates the sight of blood.  Dad just carries on even if he bleeds on his pants and on everything around him.  Then he was off for a walk and wanted to go alone.  I am still finding it tiring from the wedding experience when we both came home exhausted.  Yes a good night's sleep helps.

The pond looks like a major problem as there seems to be holes everywhere.

Today will fall into the usual routine of walking, gardening and cleaning and washing.  I am thinking as I start out walking down the hill,  how we so often take easy things for granted and going up the hill makes me aware of the effort it takes when things become difficult.  I may complain to myself but it is good for me I am sure/

Ron phoned last night about going out for supper to-night.  We do not see them anymore as we changed churches and the home group has disbanded.  They also have grandchildren so are busy.


There are many books being written now about the Re-emerging Church addressing the thoughts that some of the complaints about church and religion are valid while others are just neurotic outspoken twits  that can turn up at the most unexpected places.  I never bring up religion personally except here where there is a warning at the top.

Books that express the view that, when all is said and done, God is greater than religion so cannot be put into a box.  So many think that Christians are these perfect people who follow the teachings of Jesus with precision.  Since the Jesus that is emerging from contemporary biblical scholarship is startling more radical than the picture we were comfortable in earlier church experiences.

.Did he or did he not claim to have a unique status of divinity?  I believed he did and he also wanted to empower others, all human beings regardless of sex, or race or social standing to obtain their essential divine identity.

"He is startling more radical that the Christ offered to us by any of the existing churches; he is a mystic revolutionary in every dimension, who wanted nothing less than the transformation of all the laws and conditions of this world into those of the kingdom of God.  No other spiritual teacher had so comprehensive and radical vision of the limitations of all forms of religious or political power; and this vision threatened and threatens all elites, dogmas, and hierarchies of any kind."

"Who was Jesus the man and what connection is there between the historical person and the cosmic Christ?" As a mystical teacher what he stood for can be a positive force for world change even today.
and what emerges is a sometimes skeptical inquiry that challenge the very heart of the gospels.

Am I ready to accept this more unnerving and revolutionary way of thinking?
I like to keep life simple.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to read that book!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Well, there certainly have been many attempts to put god into a box. Maybe try staying up late, then you would sleep in? Sandra

Anonymous said...

The book is called "sON OF MAN"
BY ANDREW hARVEY. I BROUGHT IT HOME FROM THE CHURCH LIBARY AND I CAN KEEP TILL THE END OF SEPT.

LOVE MOM