Sunday, August 19, 2012

MEETING.

        We often meet people on our walks in the park as I do on my morning walks

As I walked by the Safeway my elderly friend asked if he could walk me home, but I was not on my way home yet. So I carried on in the opposite direction. It is the little things that make life interesting.  At least for me.  Met another friend who said she had missed seeing me so we had a little chat.

I believe the spirit of Jesus wants to meet us on this journey called life.
Our circumstances may not change but he walks with us even all the way home.

"In everyone there is something of his fellow man
Hence "love your neighbor"
for he is really you yourself." -- Rabbi Moses Cordovero

So loving God requires, and is expressed best, through love of our neighbors and those we meet daily. I  met and had a walk with my neighbor Gundy today so we caught up on family news.

Jesus states that "in everything do to others what you would have them do to you".  This means a desire for the ultimate good of others.  We are alike in our need to be loved and our need to see our own weaknesses and failures.

I enjoyed the coolness of the day and even made it over to the store to pick up a few things. 
Dad says he likes it hot but I do not.  It is good that the shade deck makes a excellent place to sit and read, but it is too hot to work in the yard, or even in the house, and sleeping is misery. Actually dad nearly burnt his feet walking out to the deck on the hot sidewalk.  Just proves he can run fast when he wants to!

Dad and I enjoyed lunch at the wharf in Ladner.  I often suggest we could just order one item because we eat so much less now and we are full.  He loves his fish and chips and I have my usual salad so it seems it is not going to happen.

Looking at all the boats tied up at the dock I remembered when we had a boat for several years.  On one of our adventures through the gulf islands we got stranded on an island where we camped for the night and in the morning the tide was out and the boast was sitting on the sand.  Great boaters eh!




It is hard to believe it is Sunday already so it will be church for us and Panteli is out again tonight for supper.  He has had a busy week-end but the exams have now been accomplished.









3 comments:

larry bennett said...

Yes I burnt my feet on the sidewalk but remember it is covered with a black rubber runner, the air temperature was 34C so the runner was at least 40. We went for a walk in the watershed park a few minutes ago lovely time - met several dogs and a family of four on their bikes - haveing a great time!

nancy-Lou said...

Oh my, that would hurt Larry...and 34C is pretty darned hot for Vancouver! As long as it is hot there, Manitoba is cooler, so perhaps you would like to keep the heat for a while longer? I did hear it is coming our way though...darn, as I dislke the heat. Funny that you mentioned the fish and chips and salad Beth...that is exactly what happens to Carl and I too. I can never talk him in to sharing a large cobb salad at Montanas. They are too large for me, but I really like them. I had a good walk today too, with Dinty ( doodle Dandy ) our new dog. Lovely weather, about 22c. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wow that is hot. You should come down to Australia were it is cold now.
Ken