Friday, August 3, 2012

REFLECTIONS

                 I think there was a full moon but I couldn't capture the moon shining on the clouds.
                                   The odd time I wish I had a better camera.

Ken and Melina I am sorry you are all still sick.  Hopefully the medication will get rid of those nasty bugs.  Yes you are in my prayers.

Nancy-Lou how are you doing with that broken toe?
Some of our neighbors are getting ready to leave for the long week-end.  Others have had their plans changed as their mom had a bad fall, out walking dogs, and broke her nose.  Rosanna is preparing to move into a senior/s home and is feeling very sad and stress.  She should not be alone.

Dad wants to watch the girls soccer and he thinks he has the right time and hopefully the right channel.

I am waiting to hear when people may be here and wondering what to feed them.  Only Oliver arrives and is in a big hurry but it was great to see him.  He looks good and he looks happy.

Life does not always work out as planned.  We can learn to learn from the past and put our faith and trust and energy in the future.  I need to find the truth to believe and have faith; aware that it is not stationary but always changing.  Complex and complicated.  It may be easy to say I love you but what are the reasons I find you lovable. Do I love what is good and what is annoying about you?  Faith is involved in every area of our lives.

There will always be uncertainty in our certainty even for believers and skeptics!

Life happens and you adopt or you're lost.

I believe that something out of the ordinary happen when Jesus came to be one of us.

 Touch is healing and he touched lives both by his words and his actions.  He literally reached out in love.  He broke with tradition to bring us into a new reality of truth.
If we could only learn to live by his words. 

As I was walking early in the morning I was given a very stern and angry look by an older man (what's his problem ) I think but I smile back.  Further on a young chap with a toque on his head and his hair flying out beneath it gives me a thumbs up.  I laughed. (I like your style I thought).


He has been rock climbing The Chief  by Whistler.  He is going back on the boats again.


                                                  Dad and I are very happy for him.
Kim has returned tonight and is going out with Theresa to-morrow night.  The weather is finally warm enough for her.

Jane and Geof and dad and I are going out Sat. to-morrow to celebrate our joint birthdays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two blogs entries in one day! Holy smokes!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

The second one was suppose to be for Sat. morning but I did not want to disturb those still sleeping.

For some reason also dad suggested it.

Looking forward to seeing
Craig and Leah at the park picnic on Sunday. It is a busy week-end with
ben and morgan coming to sleep over on Sunday night, kim leaves Monday at midnight. There has been a hurricane heading their way and that is a concern. Hope you are well and enjoying the holiday. I am using dad's computer, love mom

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish I had a better camera too. A camera that sees what I see.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

I think the problem with cameras is....it only has one eye and we have two. I notice this especially w hen looking at a picture of the beach and actually standing there sketching it...the depth in particular, is skewed, often foreshortened, in photos. My toe is doing better since soaking it in epsom salt water, but the whole foot is sore from walking on the outer edge..the nail is still there, but not for long.