Sunday, August 26, 2012

JOY

What a gift of  joy it has been to see our children grow up and have children of their own.
 Our children have and continue to enrich our lives with laughter and  precious moments rich with love and blessings.  Caring for them and sharing their lives has been an adventure!
Each day that we can see them reminds me of all I have enjoyed with my family.  We had great fun playing baseball as a family, they were all very good and good sports too I believe.  Your dad and I had fun hitting the ball and running or catching. 

I would walk down to the beach with them when we lived in Tssawasen with the two little ones in the wagon and Carol and Rick walking along with the dog.  About 5k I think.  We would stay all day and the children gone along fine.  I would find a shady spot on the dike and sit and read and go in the water when it got too hot.  We had a lunch so we could stay all day. They all became good swimmers and good athletes. 

The true reality for me is that God did sustain me and I have learned what is of true value in life.

Times have changed and we certainly have.  My legs were very weak this morning so I did a shorter walk (3k) down the hill and up again.  I actually did the hard part and if I finished the rest it would be about 5k.  It is hard to judge how far we walk in the Forest about 3 or 4k I think.  I will take a quick walk to the store and then have a rest so I can party later.  lol

As we watched Ava, the daughter of a friend, get married we are also filled with joy for the young couple as they shared their promises to each other in front of those who have touched their lives.  This family of five has grown up so quickly. 

It was hard to find the marina park even though dad insisted he knew the way.  It was a magnificent place to hold a wedding with a view of the water and tucked away amongst the trees the tables were set with white cloths, flowers and candles.  But even in this perfect setting it was hard to stand around and wait for the young couple to arrive three hours late.  It was getting chilly and dad's back was painful and the food would not be ready for another hour so we both agreed it was time to leave.  We got home hungry and so tired and so glad to be home.  We congratulated the young couple and left, so thankful that we had a handicap parking tag and did not have to walk the long walk to the parking area, where the others had parked.

Brides always look radiant with joy and everyone could see Jeff adores her.

Looking forward to lunch at Sandra and Randy's today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we all tried to get in the wagon when we got tired. On the way back home, up the hill, after a long and pleasant day in the sun.

Love,

Rick