Friday, August 10, 2012

WISHING

Wishing we could be with Mary at this time when she is so very sick in the hospital in Kitchner.
So thankful that her mom, Sandra will be with her now.  She surprised them by coming a day early and what a great surprise.  We talked to Mary on the phone and she sounds very weak.  She is not able to eat but she did a little walking today.

We think of Mary as one of the many inspirational people in our family.  She has set so many goals and been able to reach them.  She has our love and our continued support in our prayers.

The unexpected can come into any of our lives and challenge the depths of who we are.  As long as we can reach out to one another and even the smallest prayer whispered in faith can bring healing light into the situation.

I did my visiting today but it was hard to focus and listened to the ones I visited.  I am always amazed at how many experiences these elderly people have been through.  I was glad I had taken Jim his milkshake he is looking more frail each time I go.  The stall there really appreciate my visiting so even though I came home tired I was glad I had gone.

Yesterday dad and I had a walk in the woods later in the day and the colors were all so much richer and there was a golden light all around. 

Sometimes I forget that I am not just writing my own little journal like I used to do and then I wonder if I have said too much.  I had not slept well so I was not thinking straight.

I trust that everyone is like family to me when they read my thoughts.

Ancient scripture believed in the healing power of the Lord God and I do too.

"For I will restore health unto thee. . .saith the Lord."  Jeremiah 30:17   I am believing that Mary will be restored to health and improve day by day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awful news about Mary. Any idea is wrong?

Panteli

larry bennett said...

She has picked up an E-Coli bug.

Anonymous said...

Amen to your prayers for Mary's well being. Jane.

Anonymous said...

Thinking lots about mary. Wish I was close enough to visit. We are all spead out. Kimberly

nancy-Lou said...

I send healing thoughts for Mary, may she soon be better and back home. I view your blog as a privilege where you have opened the door to let me share in your day to day activities and family as well as to learn about spiritual things....and am thankful for this! I feel as though I am family..although distant family! You are such an interesting writer Beth, and photographer....and I look forward to reading your blog every morning. So thank-you, love Nancy

Anonymous said...

I for one dont mind at all being included in your musings. More of us should be so opne. It was very scairy seeing Mary yesterday but she has turned the corner and is on the mend. She was always alittle germ phobic and this is certainly going to make it that much worse! Health Canada is questioning them on all of their vegatable purchases and want to come test the gunea pig. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Sandra.So a bit noisy and rushed on the phone yesterday.Melina and the kids get home at 1145 the we have to feed and dress them again to take Matthew to kinder at 12:30. We are going up to Gold Coast to see , ty , brit and Hobey from the 20sep until 28sep.We all need some sunshine and some warmth.We will be there for Brittanys birthday , but miss tylers.
ken

Anonymous said...

Thanks goodness we live in a country with good medical care.

Hope Mary recovers soon.

Love,

Rick