Saturday, November 3, 2012

A EARLY WALK THROUGH THE PARK.

I love it when my family comment and I think we learn a lot about each other. I am thankful for the good relationships we have. Life is fragile .

I love comments from anyone and everyone.

  Dad's mouth and neck are sore from the dentist and his neck painful with the cancer. Both very painful. I know there is nothing I can do and that is difficult.  He is cheerful!

  Once again I admit my completel human inadequacy and I pray. Pain our own or the pain of others makes us vulnerable. And tiredness makes me cranky, There is so much I would like to do but find the energy and sometimes confidence lacking.

There is no place that is safe enough that we will be protected from the reality that life sucks and is terribly unfair.
Actually a man walks up behind me as I am concentrating on taking this picture. I do not hear him at all.   He smiles and walks by.  Yes He did scare me.

I love words and I wish I could read them all.  I love the words that are spoken in church because they speak to the soul and to the heart of life.  I love words that are healing and express unconditional love. 

"You only need a scrap of time to move toward God"  The Cloud of Unknowing.  

"Jesus hides in a piece of bread"   Francis of Assisi     Comfort food given for all!-me

"I", writes a woman going through divorce, "was in dire need of people who would be nice to me for less than $125 and hour, so off I went to church"  . - Washington Post.

"Jesus wept" - The Bible  I believe that He still weeps for the pain and suffering in this world.

"In the stillness we find God, and in God our true identity.  Monica Furlong

"What is really hard and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself."  -  Anna Quindlen

"Bitter sorrow pierced her heart"  Mary the mother of Jesus  - Pergolesi, the Sabat Mater

"Faith. .. . . meant more than intellectual assent to a set of doctrines.  It was a commitment of the whole self, a hope and trust that , if genuine, ought to be the foundation of an entire way of life and vision of the world".  Historian Christopher Grasso

Yesterday as I was getting a few groceries at the store I happened to ask the clerk what she was doing for the week-end and she started telling me all her problems with boyfriends.  The funny thing was when some one came in line behind me she put up her sign that the till was closed so she could finish telling me it all.  In the end we had a good laugh.

Today Sat. dad and I and Sandra will be going to Dave.s funeral.  We will miss Pearle's birthday but I explain to her so she knows.  Dad has the time and place on the computer so I know nothing.

If we could take time to listen and to weep with those who are sad and laugh with others when they are happy we could create a more peaceful world.  Reaching out to the wounded and the lonely and those who are living in fear takes the help of prayer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, words are good. "In the beginning was the word."

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Your passion for words shines through in your blog. Didn't you get a start, when that man walked up behind you, as you were taking the picture? Interesting picture...I love how the light shines forth on the leaves....as we shine forth and project our love for others. We too, have a funeral to attend, on Monday, for one of our church members. Our small community pulls together at these times. Some people get the church and hall ready, some make sandwiches and dainties and some stay after the reception to clean up.It makes you proud to be a member of this community! Love, Nancy

Shandel said...

I enjoy reading your blog, which i am sure you know already. I had missed close to a week of it though as i was not turning on my computer. I tried to stay away from the obsession of the internet lol but it does not last long. I think its interesting how sometimes people just need an ear to listen to them. You felt that energy possibly when you were at the cashiers till. and she sure needed it haha closing down her till to finish her story. Maybe you helped her find some peace and answers to her BF trouble? :D

I am off to teach two yoga classes this morning ( one being family and i sure love all the children that come) and then to work a 6 hour shift. will be a long day but well worth it. I am making Gluten Free homemade tomato soup tomorrow for dinner! hope Cameron will eat it :D

Sandra said...

The "church" can be funny that way. There can be more love and forgiveness for the outsiders then for those allready with in the fold. You may be tired and achy and forgettfull but I am ever so proud of you for not being afraid of the dark and the evil that urks in the hearts of strangers.I draw my inspiration from you. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thank -you for your interesting quotes interspersed l with your life experiences and with your photography. an interesting and inspiring mixture Sorry that we will not see you at Pearl's but hopefully i'll catch up with you at church. We had the quiche for dinner last night love Janeand it was delicious it was much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Thank -you for your interesting quotes interspersed l with your life experiences and with your photography. an interesting and inspiring mixture Sorry that we will not see you at Pearl's but hopefully i'll catch up with you at church. We had the quiche for dinner last night and it was delicious. lt was much appreciated. Love Jane

Anonymous said...

Mom , you should not walk alone in the dark. It is not safe. Wait until light ,and go with someone .
Ken