Wednesday, November 7, 2012

DETOURS

I hear the sound of rain hitting the window pane yesterday morning.  I decided to wait and see if it would slow down a little.  I may go for a walk with dad later.  Good weather for mushrooms, still growing here and there.

The day before one of the big branches from a tree like this had fallen across my path so I detoured around it.  I hate detours ,especially when I am driving, as I can get lost going the wrong direction.   The other problem is that I do not take note on my surroundings because I am too busy looking for signs and trying to read them.   There should be signs to help you find your path.

There should be signs in our bodies to tell us we are not well.  Emotional stress can eat away at our inner confidence.  Whether it is signs on the road or in our bodies or in our inner spiritual being I know that at times I need to rest and be still.

I felt miserably sick all day so did not go for the walk with dad.  He did find the girl with the two dogs and they seem fine.  I also missed going out with Jane and felt bad about that.

We are all living out our story that is bigger than just us and is fundamentally about God.  There will be detours when we have to search for His presence to help us get back on the right road.  But we live in the hope knowing that the  detours always end!

"I need to be patience toward all that is unresolved in my heart
 and to try to love the questions themselves".  -Rainer Maria Rilke.

We can develop an inner sensitivity.  I know that at odd moments or in my dreams I will become aware of something that was very painful and it has left a scar on my soul.  I need healing and I believe this is true of all of us.

 Nevertheless for most of us our insecurity and our fear of failure does not lead us to ask help from others.  We feel all alone and find it hard to reach out and admit our pain and sorrow.  We can fool others for a long time and use many of the tactics to keep ourselves busy and in denial.

The amazing thing is that we have the power to change our lives;  our attitudes, our habits, our goals
our thoughts.  Sometimes we need someone or some place to sort out these changes.  By writing down some of my ideas  I find it helpful.

Feeling much better today.  No plans yet.

I am reading "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker.  Excellent.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, your feeling miserably sick is obviously sent for no other reason then you can have empathy for Mary and do double duty for her in your prayers. Just kidding. Sorry you had a bad day mom. Noticed on Ricks facebook how someone took his comment a bit more seriously then he intended. We have to be carefull about that. But yes, Mary is having a hard time with the morning sickness, well actually it is end of the day evening sickness. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are feeling sick Mom. Good thing Dad found the dogs still okay (the day after the resurrection?)

Probably wise to wait for reasonable weather before going out for your walk.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling better today.L had a good visit with Samantha .Her boyfriend was also visiting and we managed some good laughs . The best medicine!Love Jane.

Shandel said...

sorry to hear you had a miserable sick day. :( not good at all. I also believe much like what Sandy said about you taking on the energetic feeling sick because Mary is experiencing the sickness. Poor gal! i hope that passes. I read somewhere it doesnt last the whole pregnancy?

We have received quite the gift from mother nature today. Over night about 5-10 cm snow fell and it doesnt look like it is going to stop! i heard we may only get up to 15 cm but that is a lot in one day. Specially after it all just melted and was looking like spring again! what a time for Stephen and Shawna to come home from the hot sun of Cuba too haha

i hope today is a better day.
XO

Anonymous said...

Hope your feeling better mom. Nice and sunny here today , top of around 20. Melina want to do Christmas shopping!!!!
Ken