Friday, November 9, 2012

KINDNESS

We bring color into this world by our smallest acts of kindness. Each in our own way have gifts that we discover as we learn to experience what is important in life. I am so thankful dad still likes to drive, as I do not, and is willing to drive to New West. 

  "What holds us back in life is the invisible architecture of fear"   -Robin Sharma .

 I was very afraid the first time I walked on the ward as a lay chaplain many, many years ago. In facing our fear we find new strength and we are being set free. I knew that this was my calling and it was a great blessing when Pearle and I were able to go together. We learned a lot from each other even though we had some different ways of looking at the spiritual reality. I knew that it was more than words of comfort that I was bringing but my presence and God's love. For many this world is a fearful place and they respond with anger and hurtful words;  trying to cope with inner pain. 

"Live with kindness."     Robin Sharma. 

"Deeds are our beliefs actualized."
"How we treat someone defines how we treat everyone, including ourselves."
"We can make the world a better place, One person at a time."  Robin Sharma

Be respectful, trusting, patient and positive with a loving heart. 

Dad enjoyed walking on Mud Bay.  I was welcomed warmly when I went visiting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,

Yes, I agree that acts of kindness help define who we are and make the world a slightly better place. Coincidentally, this coming week (November 13-20) is World Kindness Week! http://www.randomactsofkindness.org/

A random blog that I randomly landed on just this morning, when pursuing some random research lead!

All is well here. Carol and I are thinking of a trip to Nicaragua in the next month or so. Flight are cheap..

Love Panteli

Anonymous said...

Kindness does put the colour into the world.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Random acts of kindness are like warm fuzzies for both the giver and the riceiver. JANE.

nancy-Lou said...

Pretty fall flowers for your pic today. A small random act of kindness...really made my day once...when it had been a difficult errands day in the city and people were in a hurry and rude. An employee at the butcher shop had a radiant mega watt smile for me and was so kind. She really went beyond her duties...to serve me and it just "made my day". I now call her "smiley" and wrote a note to her boss, telling him how she made my "bad" day an "excellent one". Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Matthew and jasmine loved the hardware store where they had the own shopping trolley.
Ken