Thursday, November 22, 2012

SOUL MATES

Hoping to get home before the wind and rain start.  The weather can affect so many people and places especially when they are travelling.  Glad you are keeping busy at work Ken.  This was Tuesday night driving home from visiting Chuck and Robbie.  More rain on Wed.

Our U.C.W. meeting went well with a full attendance I believe.  We discussed getting older and  some of the ways of dealing with pain.  We do a little business and plan our Christmas meeting which is a fun get together.

Even though the grass was wet dad went for his walk.  Later we took Jim his milkshake because today we are off to Vancouver for dad's eye exam.  You wait in one area and have pictures taken and them move on to see the doctor.  Always rows and rows of people.

Is there such a thing as a soul-mate?  Can people of different background, personality and beliefs really find understanding in relationship?  Dad often says "I just don't understand you?"  Well sometimes I do not understand myself.  And certainly he can think very differently than I do.  I am happy we agree on the important things and can laugh, most of the time, about the other things.

"The fact is that everyone has a life to live that is right for them".  It is only then the true light can shine from within us.  Be comfortable with who you are and what gifts you have.

According to Aristotle our happiness depends on our full development of the self, physically, emotionally and spiritually.  Doing the best we can with what we have been given.  No one taught me the importance of faith in my life I just absorbed it.  I heard the words of love that Jesus spoke right into my heart and I loved the parables that seemed so down to earth. 

As a teen-ager I bungled along looking for a different type of love.  Romantic love! 

I never stopped believing but I needed others to share and help me develop as a mature human being.
It is hard to develop spiritually on your own. Now I am honest about what I believe and have accepted that others have different ways of believing and living their beliefs.  This is what it means to be true to yourself.  I have found many people who radiate goodness and bring warmth and encouragement into my life.

I have met them everywhere, in my family,  in my friendships, in different churches and in different circumstances.
They are soul-mates!

The hardest lesson to learn in life is that it is not about always having to prove we are right!  Thanks Rick for the corrections I appreciate them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, laughing about the differences is the key thing.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I think it might be very hard to find a soul mate who matches us in every aspect. Randy and I can agree on a lot of things, but just like you and dad their are times we just can not agree. Like for me, a perfect vacation would include the dogs, and for him not so much! Sandra

Shandel said...

I think there is such a thing as soul mates, and i like to believe that this can be in love and in friendship (much like you said)
Cameron and I truly are soul mates as we fell in love at such an early age you would just think it was puppy love. Seeing as we waited close to 10 years to act on our love we feel we are soul mates.but if you looked on paper at what he likes and what i like well we are completely opposite! haha but then again opposites attract and we do have the same beliefs (most of them) and we just seem to love each other unconditionally.i think a good strong real relationship means there are disagreements and arguments but there are so many happy things as well.

Anonymous said...

I had to work until 1:30am last night because of a late arriving aircraft. Got to sleep by 3am, then got up at 8am because Matthew is home with tummy problems. We got the kitchen window fixed after Mathew killed a moth against the glass and it broke. should be hot today and tomorrow.
Ken