Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WINGS

                       "I carried you on eagle's wings and brought you to myself." -  Exodus:19:4

God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches you by means of opposites; so that you will have two wings to fly-not one.   -Rumi

One wing materialism and the other spiritualism.

One wing doubt and one wing faith,

One wing sadness and the other joy!

One peace and the other chaos.

One wing wisdom and the other ignorance.

In life we need to find a balance to help us make it work. not always easy and some things take time.

Monday we went to look at mattresses again and also memory foam. We very funny lying on a bed in the store but I guess you need to try them out. I know Rick has a good bed so I guess I should ask him.  We are very undecided.  Two stores and we are tired out.  Time to have a bite to eat and visit Chapters on the way home.

I enjoyed my walk, Tuesday,  especially the sea gulls flying above me looking like they were having great fun.  Their wings are in perfect balance and they have learned how to use them. The crows make a noise at me as I walk by. 

I got home to find dad sneezing and sneezing and then feeling chilled.  Colds make you feel so miserable. He says he does not have a cold even though he has had two 2 hour naps .  He is a good patient, he rests and takes his medicine; not like some others I could mention.   He can rest until Thurs. when he goes to the skin cancer doctor to have a small growth cut out.
Usually a quick and simple process. Easy for me to say
.
 I am off to Jetlag Bible study at the church today.  First my walk I hope it does not start raining early but the rain  is predicted to come.

Believe that miracles can happen
Believe there really are angels
Believe that their presence at the birth of Jesus Christ filled the heavens with music.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Jet lag" bible study?

Opposites are a good way of organizing things.

My bed was pretty expensive. Not sure it was worth the money but it is better than the old one I had before, which I bought in Ottawa at a rather cheap price.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Mary and Michael John bought a new bed too and they love it. I have put mine on the back burner after buying the new table, looking at geting a new computer so we can give Randy's parents ours, and then new flooring and closet system. Sandra

Shandel said...

Cameron and I also would love a new bed (matteress) but ours is not totally terrible that we are able to wait. Cameron would like a King Size bed so that would mean having to purchase a new frame and bedding as well. lol
It is not fun when we start to get sick, even a little cold makes us all miserable. And i dont like to admit it either. i think if i just say i am not sick that maybe my body will agree and i will get better lol.
We received your Christmas card Gramma thank you to you both. it is very sweet and i enjoy your little messages in there.